View Full Version : ZR500 for capture

Steve Rawls
April 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Hey gang, my first post on the DVi network. 8^D What a great place to give and receive info, thanks to each of you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with those of us who are beginners.

I have a question and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with this one but I searched the archives and couldn't find the answer. I'm looking to buy a mini dv camcorder for a capture device for my GL2 and a buddy has a Canon ZR500 that he'll let me have for practically nothing. It's basically new but I don't know if it'll work with firewire and download to my iBook G4, he knows nothing about the camera and I haven't seen or played with the ZR500. Anyone out there have any experience with the ZR500 ? Any other suggestions for a capture device ? I'm trying not to spend a ton of money on a capture device since I still need to purchase wireless mics and some other stuff.

Thanks a bunch for any info.

Steve

Trond Saetre
April 23rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to DVinfo.net.

The Canon ZR500 has firewire, so yes you can use it to capture your GL2 footage without any problems.

Steve Rawls
April 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks Trond !!! I appreciate the info.. I'm going to grab the ZR500 and give it a try.

Steve