Avid Liquid 7.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old November 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Avid Liquid 7.0

Does anyone know if there is the 4 second problem with PC users using Avid Liquid? The four second loss at the beginning of each recording?
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:07 AM   #2
Major Player

There is no such problem capturing HDV with Liquid. As far as I can tell, it works flawlessly. I've been using Liquid to conform EDLs for very involved timelines from Media Composer and Xpress Pro with no trouble whatsoever. I have also captured complete tapes straight into Liquid with no problems.

Last edited by Antony Michael Wilson; December 1st, 2006 at 06:44 AM.
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:24 AM   #3
Trustee

Second what Antony says. I'v been using Liquid for years in SD, now I have upgraded to Canon HV 10 and Canon XLH1 camcorders. I use the HV 10 as a deck. The capture is painlessly without any issues.

Note: the hardware requirement for HDV is higher than for SD footage. You should also download the SP1 patch for Liquid 7.
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Trustee

No problems with the Liquid system and ProHD. It's all predictable as if you're working with regular DV.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Stephen, do you know if Liquid also supports the XDcam HD Cams? (350)
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:16 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ladue
Stephen, do you know if Liquid also supports the XDcam HD Cams? (350)
Yes, I know for sure it does. AAMOF, I was working on XDCamHD just yesterday (35Mb & 25Mb)
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM   #7
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan
Second what Antony says. I'v been using Liquid for years in SD,
Note: the hardware requirement for HDV is higher than for SD footage. You should also download the SP1 patch for Liquid 7.
I'll third that. Running 7.1 on MBP 2 and love it. I have simply stopped using FCP. I'm also confident Liquid will handle 720p60 when I get an HD250 in a few weeks.

Stephen, have you found any way to remove 2:3 pulldown on HDV video? Would like to useLiquid rather than Vegas for V1 24p.

Likewise, anyway to add 2:3 pull-down on export?

Liquid also flows nicely into the XP tools for making HD red laser DVDs for HD DVD players. It also will feed BD burning software including AC-3 audio.

I only wish Avid would confirm they are not planning to stop development. I've pushed them and they simply refuse to comment. They claim they never comment on future products. When I reminded them they have talked about Xpro features a year in advance, they just get pissed cause you've caught them in a lie.

I'm not saying they'll stop selling 7.1, but there's a ton of work that needs to be done for 7.2 let alone 7.5 or 8.0.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family