DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Vince Crabb August 19th, 2005 06:25 AM

Looks like you've stumped everyone Michael. Not even one incorrect guess in the last 12 hours...

Michael Gibbons August 19th, 2005 08:29 AM

I'll give a hint. There is an important character in the movie named "Robbie".

Chris Hurd August 19th, 2005 09:12 AM

Aha! Forbidden Planet.

Leslie Nielsen to Anne Francis, if I'm not mistaken.

Michael Gibbons August 19th, 2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Aha! Forbidden Planet.

to Anne Francis, if I'm not mistaken.

It is Forbidden Planet, but it is the xo, Jerry to Anne Francis, right beore the Captain(Leslie Nielsen) busts them.
It's a treaditional holliday movie at my house, and that sequences always gets a laugh.

Chris Hurd August 19th, 2005 09:57 AM

Heh... I would have checked it first except to say that shamefully I don't have this on DVD, only on VHS which is buried somewhere in one of several boxes out in the garage. It is one of my favorites of all time, and we never get tired of watching it over here.

So is it my turn or do blown attributions count against?

Dylan Couper August 19th, 2005 10:03 AM

Quote:

So is it my turn or do blown attributions count against?

It's your turn, you only need the movie to win. Getting the characters right is jsut for bragging rights.

Chris Hurd August 19th, 2005 10:13 AM

Okay, well then here's another stumper for you. Heh.

He: "Meantime, by authority of the Federal Communications Commission, and the grace of a kindly Providence which gave me the power of not having to listen to people, I am now going off the air."

She: "Don't you dare take that thing off, I haven't finished talking to you!"

Christopher C. Murphy August 19th, 2005 10:53 AM

Is it Network? Or is it Broadcast News??

Chris Hurd August 19th, 2005 11:19 AM

Nope, but I can tell you that it's from a movie from 1965 that was remade less than a decade ago. The quote is in the original but not the remake. But I think you'll still need another hint.

Christopher C. Murphy August 19th, 2005 10:32 PM

I think that I need another hint. lol

Dylan Couper August 20th, 2005 12:32 AM

Chris, I had this great idea that I'd just browse through all the films listed in IMDB for 1965 and look for something that was remade. It has 3000+ listings. I got bored at "Bad Girls Go To Hell".

Was it Bad Girls Go To Hell?

:)

Chris Hurd August 20th, 2005 09:07 AM

Heh. I knew nobody was gonna get that; and I've hijacked this thread long enough, so here's another clue for you... it's a Walt Disney movie.

Mike Teutsch August 20th, 2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Heh. I knew nobody was gonna get that; and I've hijacked this thread long enough, so here's another clue for you... it's a Walt Disney movie.

Man I have researched and reasearched. This is a tough one. The only one I can come up with is, "That Darn Cat." (1965 & 1997) I can't find the line of course.

Maybe?

Mike

Chris Hurd August 20th, 2005 05:49 PM

You can't find the quote because I checked first, and it's *nowhere* online (except for here, now, of course). Indeed, "That Darn Cat" is it; the original, not the 1997 remake. It's a Disney movie about sex, of all things!

He is Wilbur MacDougall, played by William Demarest, and she is Kipp MacDougall, played by Elsa Lanchester. The very next line is "Goodnight old woman. I can't hear what you're saying, but whatever it is, I disagree with you one hundred percent!"

Another other great line from "That Darn Cat" is also courtesy of William Demarest:

Mrs. MacDougall: I distinctly heard a woman scream!
Mr. MacDougall: Right, and if you don't get away from that door you're gonna hear another!

Okay, I've hijacked this thread with mundane obscurities long enough. Your turn, Mike!

Mike Teutsch August 20th, 2005 05:52 PM

Wow,

Ok, now I have to think of a good one. I tend to make mine too easy.

Standby,

Mike