The Movie Quote Game - Page 68 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old January 7th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #1006
Wrangler

No, though you're getting a little warmer. Okay, hear's another line that will probably give it away:

"Then one day I hear 'Reach for it, mister.' I spun around, and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away. Little b-----d shot me in the a--."
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:02 AM   #1007
Trustee

Okay..... since you put it that way.... You are now quoting a line spoken by Gene Wilder in the jailhouse scene of "Blazing Saddles" as he recounts why he left his quick-draw gun-slinging days behind. You're right. That last quote was a giveaway

Though I must admit that I still can't place the lines you posted earlier anywhere in the movie. (and I've probably seen that movie 2 dozen times... but its been awhile...although I still remember the stock number of the VHS copy we stocked in the video store I worked at in the late 80's.)

-Jon
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #1008
Wrangler

You got it. I just got the HD DVD of Blazing Saddles as part of Toshiba's HD DVD player promotion, so it was fresh in my mind. The lines were spoken by Harvey Korman as Hedley Lamarr.

Here they are in context -- I'll bet you remember them now:

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
Taggart: Ditto.
Hedley Lamarr: "Ditto?" "Ditto," you provincial putz?

And I just realized -- I gave the wrong clue earlier, as "poisonous" referred to Governor William J. Le Petomane (Le Ptomaine), who was, of course, played by Mel Brooks.
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #1009
Trustee

Thanks for clarifying that quote, Paul. I would never have gotten it without your 2nd quote post. A great selection.

My turn.

Okay, so I'm only going to post the first 3/4ths of this following quote since the last part would be a total giveaway.

Here it is:

"This business is a living organism, multiplying constantly, surrounded by predators. There's no room for idle time or second guessing. New discoveries are made hourly. New ideas are ready to be devoured, redefined."

-Jon
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #1010
Wrangler

No one got it yet? I think I know it, but I trust that someone else will get it. ;)
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #1011
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tauger View Post
No one got it yet? I think I know it, but I trust that someone else will get it. ;)
Ahh, just go for it, Paul. And extra bonus points* to you if you state where in the film the quote is spoken.

-Jon

*The awarding and recognition of points in this game is completely arbitrary and founded on imagination. The perceived value of such points, though unrelated to market activity can generally be considered on the valuation table to be somewhere between 70's era fuzzy dice, and the door prize from Bingo night.
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #1012
Wrangler

Do you mean that my trust is misplaced? Wouldn't that make it . . . . Antitrust?
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #1013
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tauger View Post
Do you mean that my trust is misplaced? Wouldn't that make it . . . . Antitrust?
That was awesome. Antitrust is correct.

Your turn, sir.

-Jon
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #1014
Wrangler

Okay, here we go:

"The strangeness of this life cannot be measured: in trying to produce my own death, I was elevated to the status of a living hero."
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #1015
Trustee

Shot in the dark here. I will offer the first of 3 movies I suspect this might be from:

"Constantine"

-Jon
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #1016
Wrangler

Interesting guess, but very, very cold.
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #1017
Major Player

is it "The Crow?"
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #1018
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bournes View Post
is it "The Crow?"
That was going to be my second guess - but judging from how cold my earlier one was, I suspect it isn't "The Crow" either.

If it's not, than my 3rd guess is:

"Gladiator"

-Jon
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #1019
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bournes View Post
is it "The Crow?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jones View Post
That was going to be my second guess - but judging from how cold my earlier one was, I suspect it isn't "The Crow" either.

If it's not, than my 3rd guess is:

"Gladiator"

-Jon
Sorry -- getting colder.
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #1020
Regular Crew

Pauly Shore is Dead? that's just a total shot in the dark, cause I've never even seen it. Also, the line sounds familiar, so that probably means I'm wrong.
Sean Skube is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark