DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   my "24" plan (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/65509-my-24-plan.html)

Frank Granovski April 20th, 2006 05:08 AM

my "24" plan

I'm recording all the "24" episodes so that once I have them all, I'm can watch them how they were meant to be watched. Staying up for 24 hours should be a blast. :-)

Keith Wakeham April 20th, 2006 06:20 AM

I don't know if you should say that too loud, the mpaa might try and get you and bring up the whole recording stuff with VCR's all over again or their digital counterparts now.

fortunately it won't take you 24 hours to watch it - only (well not really only) 17.2 - 17.6 hours plus snacks and bathroom breaks.

Good luck on the endeavour!

John C. Chu April 20th, 2006 06:57 AM

I finally "discovered" '24' when the Second Season premiered in 2002/2003. I was so stoked and thrilled that I went out and bought Season One on DVD, which I had not seen before.

I watched Season One over a long weekend.

The problem is, after you finish one episode--you just have to see what happens in the next episode. And so instead of watching just one or two episodes...you watch like four in a row. It was sick. I felt ashamed to watch that much tv in two days.

Still, this is my favorite show on TV currently.

You should try to watch a couple seasons back to back Frank.

Wade Spencer April 20th, 2006 07:32 AM

My wife just told me (on Monday night at 10:00pm actually) that we should buy the first seasons on DVD and "24" marathons.

I told her to wake me up when it was over...lol

Keith Loh April 20th, 2006 07:52 AM

Frank, you need to hurry and catch up because this current season tops all of the others.

Have you got to the cougar episode yet?

Bob Zimmerman April 20th, 2006 10:38 AM

This is my first season to watch 24. Man it is good.

Chris Barcellos April 20th, 2006 10:55 AM

I loved Jimmy Kimmels line when he introduced Keifer Sutherland on a guest appearance:

"And here he is, the man who never goes to the bathroom, the star of "24"..............."

James Lundy April 20th, 2006 11:56 AM

Been watching this since season 1 over here in the UK, and have all the DVD box sets. Although, I've never actually watched any of the DVD's since I bought them.

I guess they'll stay in pristine condition until I'm about 60, and will need to watch them again. Crikey, by that time I won't remember what I've had for my breakfast by noon.

John C. Chu April 20th, 2006 01:13 PM

Have you guys looked at the trailers for "The Sentinel"?[Opens Friday]

It stars Michael Douglas and Kiefer Sutherland.

It's weird seeing Kiefer in the second banana role after seeing him as Super Agent Jack Bauer. Kiefer is kind of "typecast" now...

It is kind of weird timing.

It also looks like a retread of Harrison Ford in "The Fugitive" with Kiefer playing the Tommy Lee Jones role and Douglas playing Richard Gimble.

Frank Granovski April 20th, 2006 05:58 PM

Age before beauty, I guess. Sutherland's been in lots of leading movie roles. A Saskachewan boy, you know. :-)

PS: I've seen all the former 24 seasons. Besides Dr. Who, that's what I watch---and Dr. Who had better be here soon! I record that too.

Stephen Jackson April 21st, 2006 12:48 PM

I watched all 3 LOTR DVDs one Sunday Afternoon. I refused to watch 2&3 after the way 1 ended.

I don't know if I can still stay awake long enough to watch all 24 episodes, but it's a good idea for a short movie.

Frank Granovski April 22nd, 2006 05:59 AM

Just keep the coffee on the burner.

J. Stephen McDonald April 29th, 2006 01:50 AM

I'm recording this year's shows and after all the ads, repeat scenes on the intro and the preview are subtracted, there's only about 39 minutes of actual new programming each week. I'm getting 8 shows on each 6-hour tape. The chances are good that no one will ever watch the tapes, but of course, the object is to hoard as many useless tapes as the house can hold. If everyone had used as many videotapes as I, TDK would have been one of the hottest stocks on the market, until we would have completely run out of petroleum.

Keith Loh May 9th, 2006 02:21 AM

Best Season Ever

Frank Granovski May 9th, 2006 06:20 PM

3 episodes to go!