anyone get the new BM pocket cam yet? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old June 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: anyone get the new BM pocket cam yet?

My appetite, my lusting after the BMPCC, has been whetted by the Blackmagic promise of essentially the same color profile, the same ‘look’ as the original BMCC (notwithstanding the alleged minimal loss of sharpness) packaged in such a small form factor, and of course the price.

Reading between the lines I am of the opinion that we shall see the product shipping in (late) July as we hear from Richard Lim of Blackmagic Design. Judging by his choice of words I am not so sure about the BMCC4k also slated for July shipping. Interestingly he talks about Blackmagic as ‘they’ rather than ‘we’ which makes me wonder how close he really is to the action. Whatever, no doubt he is an official spokesperson for Blackmagic and his words are the official line, for now.

As to when the pipeline is plenished to the point that most if not all resellers receive their initial BMPCC orders (and I receive mine - number three on the reseller's list) is another matter about which I shall not even begin to speculate.

In the meantime I shall continue to worry about how I might view the image on the screen in the bright sunlight. The Alphatron EVF is the Rolls Royce solution costing more than the camera but it might be necessary.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Regular Crew

My local dealer in Australia told me last week they've been assured they'll be here in 3-4 weeks, so mid-late July.

Looking forward to mucking around with it, then working out if I need to rig it or not.
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #18
Trustee

I may be swayed in to buying one just for the high dynamic range and ... to replace my NEX 5N actually.

Love this extract on blackmagic designs website:

you can covertly shoot important and historic events such as wars, protests and other conflict in cinema quality and get a more realistic record of the event

LOL, WARS? CONFLICTS? PROTESTS? there I am thinking of using it on holiday and for weddings.
James Manford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera