How are you editing your Pocket Cam footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Major Player

How are you editing your Pocket Cam footage?

I really want to like Resolve but I'm finding it takes way to much time for me to get the images I want and it's such a different NLE system that I jump backing into Premier. Are there any benefits to editing in Resolve? How is everyone editing their log footage?
Jason McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How are you editing your Pocket Cam footage?

I would not consider Resolve to be an editing solution. I am using the FilmConvert plugin for Sony Vegas. Very good results and easy to use. The full version has more color grading options and they offer plugins for other NLE's. Resolve is a color grading solution that I am going to learn but in the interim Filmconvert has raised the fun quotient of the Pocket Cam.
Frank Grygier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: How are you editing your Pocket Cam footage?

I'm using premiere cs6 to edit. I'm holding off on Filmconvert until raw recording is available so I can experiment with that workflow. The thought of applying some really good presets like VSCO to the pocketcam footage in Lightroom is appealing and it would make like a lot easier for me as I'm the worlds worst colorist and finding the time to become competent is difficult.
Chris Joy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera