Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Trustee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allen, Texas U.S.A
Posts: 1,117
Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/10031
__________________
Ted Ramasola
http://ramasolaproductions.com
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 28
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Tried it, worked great and a 240GB SSD with 40GB recorded took 4 seconds to format.
Mattias Burling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,267
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Big step forward in workflow!
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Posts: 4,087
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Breaking News: Erasers can now erase pencil!
__________________
Shaun C. Roemich Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC - Videographer - Webcaster
www.roaddogmedia.ca Blog: http://roaddogmedia.wordpress.com/
Shaun Roemich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 28
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

The analogy should be more like: Breaking news, everybody that bought a pencil can now exchange it for a gold pen for free and in a few weeks those who want to can exchange it again for a diamond one.

The Panasony analogy would be: Breaking news, you can now by a pencil with bite marks for twice the retail value, but we have broken of the tip. If you need that we suggest you go with the "s" model that's released in 5 minutes.

The Canikon analogy would be: What's a pencil, we carve in stone.

;)
Mattias Burling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Posts: 4,087
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias Burling View Post
The analogy should be more like: Breaking news, everybody that bought a pencil can now exchange it for a gold pen for free and in a few weeks those who want to can exchange it again for a diamond one.
More like:

Breaking news: you are told you'd be sent a ballpoint pen, only if you preorder. Initially you get sent a pencil. Many of the pencils contain no lead. You are assured this is an oversight and will be fixed shortly. Several months later you are sent a mechanical pencil and promised you'd be getting your pen as soon as absolutely possible. A year later you are sent a quill and an ink well. The community at large points out to the naysayers just how awesome the penmanship of the quill was and how "legit" they were as scribes with it. A year and a half after release, you receive a fountain pen in the mail. The next week, they announce a laser engraver and all support for the now outdated Pen Program stops. More Koolaid is then drunk and speculation begins again on just HOW AWESOME the laser engraver will be and preorder numbers are astronomical.

Oh... and early adopters are penalized as the price for the "pen" drops by 33% as initial shipping catches up to orders.
__________________
Shaun C. Roemich Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC - Videographer - Webcaster
www.roaddogmedia.ca Blog: http://roaddogmedia.wordpress.com/
Shaun Roemich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 28
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Sorry but it was to long so I didnt read all of it :)
But my point stands, BMD is the ONLY camera manufacturer that gives two s...s about their customers.

I bought a camera delivered the same day knowing that it didnt have verry usable audio, ability to show time remaining, different compressions of Prores, audio levels, format in camera and now it have all those features... For free.

The only camera company that have even come close to service like that is Sony with the new codec for the rx10 but come on, to little to late.

I have after buying my first BMCC one year ago also bought a canon, 3 panasonics and 5 Sonys so Im not a fanboy of any special brand. IMO its a simpe fact. BMD are special and if it wasnt for them cameras like the GH4 and A7s wouldnt exist and RX10 users would sill be stuck with avchd.

Its all my opinion of course and your entitled to your own, have a good one.
/M
Mattias Burling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #8
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 8,308
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Matthias you should read all of Shaun's post.
As an owner of every bmcc camera it's quite accurate.... And pretty friggen funny.

As far as your opinion that the gh4 and A7s wouldn't exist without the bmcc... We don't allow trolling on the forum thanks.
__________________
Need to rent camera gear in Vancouver BC?
Check me out at camerarentalsvancouver.com
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #9
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Posts: 4,087
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

An oversight on my part:

I forgot to use the words "game changer" in my previous post.
__________________
Shaun C. Roemich Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC - Videographer - Webcaster
www.roaddogmedia.ca Blog: http://roaddogmedia.wordpress.com/
Shaun Roemich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #10
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 560
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias Burling View Post
Sorry but it was to long so I didnt read all of it :)
But my point stands, BMD is the ONLY camera manufacturer that gives two s...s about their customers.
/M
not that i disagree with you, but we're talking about the same company that plastered that silly ad in tons of magazines that had a headline to the tune of: "world's most amazing digital cinema camera"

yea, amazing in it's lack of some of the most basic camera functions of the current decade.

in any case i'm glad they're still trying.
__________________
C100 - GH4 - NYC Shooter
www.DarrenLevine.com
Darren Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 01:35 AM   #11
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 28
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Ive also bought all three BMD cameras, two of them twice.

Have never in my life seen an ad for a BMD camera so I cant say anything about it.
But still which camera would you say is more amazing, I think thats pretty subjective and even a Sony nex5 could be concidered most amazing.
I have never bothered with comparing spec charts on phones, camera or cars so it lacking a feature or function that some people feel they need isnt something I take into concideration, I look at what MY needs are and decide whats important. With the BMCC 2.5 K the look holds alot of weight IMO.

But that wasnt my point and has little to do with what I said that didnt seem to sit well with some (god knows why), my point was how many other cameras have you owned where the company for free keeps on ading features. I have never experienced it before and I like it.
Specally when I have always done what you said Darren, I bought it for what it i today :)

Love your reviews btw and have watched pretty much all of them since the AF101 video :)

(and dylan, I was very clear of it beeing my opinion, maybe you where joking or maybe not but the only post close to beeing trolling is yours)
Mattias Burling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 07:41 AM   #12
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 560
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias Burling View Post
Ive also bought all three BMD cameras, two of them twice.

Have never in my life seen an ad for a BMD camera so I cant say anything about it.
But still which camera would you say is more amazing, I think thats pretty subjective and even a Sony nex5 could be concidered most amazing.
I have never bothered with comparing spec charts on phones, camera or cars so it lacking a feature or function that some people feel they need isnt something I take into concideration, I look at what MY needs are and decide whats important. With the BMCC 2.5 K the look holds alot of weight IMO.

But that wasnt my point and has little to do with what I said that didnt seem to sit well with some (god knows why), my point was how many other cameras have you owned where the company for free keeps on ading features. I have never experienced it before and I like it.
Specally when I have always done what you said Darren, I bought it for what it i today :)

Love your reviews btw and have watched pretty much all of them since the AF101 video :)

(and dylan, I was very clear of it beeing my opinion, maybe you where joking or maybe not but the only post close to beeing trolling is yours)
it most certainly does always come down to whether it works for you or not. BMD created this fence of fans on one side, and aggravation on the other, not sure how long it will take for them to overcome the rocky start, but the new firmwares are certainly a good step.

and thanks for watching the reviews!
__________________
C100 - GH4 - NYC Shooter
www.DarrenLevine.com
Darren Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM   #13
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 560
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

oh there it is, just found that ad...
Attached Thumbnails
Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally-img_20140228_231957.jpg  
__________________
C100 - GH4 - NYC Shooter
www.DarrenLevine.com
Darren Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #14
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Posts: 4,087
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Mister Levine - I believe I have found the problem: your contact information states that you live in Astoria New York.

CLEARLY the ad states that you would be shooting the next HOLLYWOOD blockbuster on the camera.

You are on the wrong coast - simply pack up your belongings and move to southern California and all will be resolved.

<tongue planted firmly in cheek>
__________________
Shaun C. Roemich Road Dog Media - Vancouver, BC - Videographer - Webcaster
www.roaddogmedia.ca Blog: http://roaddogmedia.wordpress.com/
Shaun Roemich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 10:32 AM   #15
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ/NYC
Posts: 560
Re: Black Magic 4k camera can now format SSD internally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Roemich View Post
Mister Levine - I believe I have found the problem: your contact information states that you live in Astoria New York.

CLEARLY the ad states that you would be shooting the next HOLLYWOOD blockbuster on the camera.

You are on the wrong coast - simply pack up your belongings and move to southern California and all will be resolved.

<tongue planted firmly in cheek>
HA, i stand completely and utterly corrected!

btw, look a just a tad closer at the fellow in that ad... yes, he is indeed wearing earbuds! so he's either monitoring audio(recall, this ad is well before the new audio meters), or he's listening to his ipod.
__________________
C100 - GH4 - NYC Shooter
www.DarrenLevine.com
Darren Levine is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network