Matrox CompressHD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Matrox CompressHD

Professional accelerator card for faster then realtime H.264 HD file creation.

Matrox Compress HD

Priced at just $495 US.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

CompressHD Doesn't seem to be working

Hi Ivan

Do you have a Matrox CompressHD card? According to the users forum over at Matrox, MAC users are being told their are know issues with CompressHD and Encore and people are being told to author and burn Blu-ray with Toast versus Encore. That sure doesn't make much sense. Why would I spend hundreds of dollars to purchase Encore and $500 to purchase Matrox's CompressHD and then be limited to authoring with Toast?? Wouldn't you think they would make sure the hardware works before putting it on the market? I guess that's power for the course when Matrox is concerned.

Oh, another thing. I keep reading everywhere that the Matrox Compress HD is an award winning card? How so? It just came on the market, what awards has it won?
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ron,

No, I don't have the Matrox CompressHD card yet.

I'm sure Matrox will address the current issues with Adobe Encore DVD. It's always hard to get it the first time right when software and hardware come from different manufacturers.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring