Canon C300 Firmware Version 1.1.1.1.00 Available Nov 27 8PM EST Texas Media Systems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1

Canon C300 Firmware Version 1.1.1.1.00 Available Nov 27 8PM EST Texas Media Systems

New Canon C300 Firmware 1.1.1.1.00 will become available to download at 8PM Eastern Time in the USA.

Use this link to download:
Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : EOS C300

Canon C300 $13999
In Stock at Texas Media Systems

0% Lease, 24 Month, $1 Buyout Lease $584 per Month
Apply online for Canon Leasing - Texas Media Systems
Attached Thumbnails
Canon C300 Firmware Version 1.1.1.1.00 Available Nov 27 8PM EST Texas Media Systems-canon-c300-firmware.jpg  
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Canon C300 Firmware Version 1.1.1.1.00 Available Nov 27 8PM EST Texas Media Syste

Terry-
You win....I've been in meetings for the last 3 hours....

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Canon C300 Firmware Version 1.1.1.1.00 Available Nov 27 8PM EST Texas Media Syste

It's probably just me but I downloaded and installed this update and it has screwed up my camera.

Everything going well until I got a warning on the screen saying there was a problem with my SD card ( last used to update the camera on Nov 16th and that went fine )

So the screen was locked with colour bars on it and the camera would nor turn off. Eventually I have had to remove the power supply and I guess I'll be in my car tomorrow on my way to the nearest Canon Repair Centre and hope they can sort it out quickly as we have more filming dates for late next week.

Anyway I thought I'd post this and hope no one else has the same thing happen to them.

( and yes the card was formatted in the camera )
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Sorry to hear that Mark, it installed fine for me, although I did start to get a little panicky with the various lights flashing etc!
Old November 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Paul,

I have to say it was pretty traumatic watching everything go wrong in front of my eyes.

Either way the camera is now with Canon at the London CPS repair centre in Borehamwood. They couldn't have been more helpful and I should have it back by Tuesday if all goes well and fortunately it's all covered under the extended warranty.

Luckily I've hung onto my XF305 so if anything needs filming I'm covered. And if that breaks I can fall back onto a Sony Z7 which is also covered by an ancient Canon XL1 DV camera which I used when I first started digital editing on my own with a programme called Edit DV which quickly got replaced by an early version of FCP.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Joy View Post
Sorry to hear that Mark, it installed fine for me, although I did start to get a little panicky with the various lights flashing etc!
When ever I upgrade a camera's firmware, I tend to leave it alone and let it do its thing.... and just hope to be greeted with "Upgrade Succeeded" when I come back...
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM   #7
New Boot

Has anyone else experienced problems with the new C300 firmware?
Matt Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #8
Major Player

Following my camera locking up and malfunctioning whilst installing the C300 1.1.1.1.00 firmware and thanks to the great support from the the UK CPS team I've now got it back.

It was repaired within 2 working days of dropping it off and couriered back to me. I've just set the camera up and its working fine but the problem was a serious one and the main circuit board had to be replaced.

I spoke to the repair centre and they said it was not a common problem so it seems I was just unlucky as I followed all the correct procedures whilst installing the upgrade, powering the camera through the compact power adapter and initialising the SD card in the camera prior to loading and installing the firmware.

Thankfully it was repaired under the 2 year purchase warranty because I have found out that it would have cost around £1,000 to fix ( $1,634 )

My purchase warranty only runs for another 4 months and this experience has left me feeling slightly edgy. Whilst installing a firmware update is normally a straightforward operation I might well take up the Canon Repair Centre's offer to get them to install the next firmware upgrade, whenever that might be.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems