SMC Takumar 85-210mm f4.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:45 AM   #1
Major Player

SMC Takumar 85-210mm f4.5

I'm pretty excited about a new lens picked up recently for my 7D and t2i. I've been wanting a longer lens for some time, but the Canon 70-200 line is out of my reach at the time. I've had great success with the excellent vintage SMC Takumar primes so when I saw this pristine 85-210mm f4.5, I jumped on it.

It is very sharp throughout the range and I really like the look of the images. The focus and zoom are buttery smooth like all the other SMC Takumar line from the 1960's and 70's. It features a push-pull sliding zoom which makes controlling focus and zoom simultaneously easy with one hand. This was Takumar's first zoom lens and they kept it all linear; no cams moving lenses in opposite directions. This makes it uncommonly long, but uncommonly smooth as well. Obviously it doesn't have image stabilization, so delicate hands and a good tripod are required for long shots if you are manipulating focus or zoom.
Attached Thumbnails
SMC Takumar 85-210mm f4.5-tak-85-210.jpg  
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD