7d or twixtor for best slow mo? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

7d or twixtor for best slow mo?

Loving my 5dM2 but would like good quality slow mo. Buy a 7d or use Twixtor? Any thoughts on best quality slow mo option?
Old November 5th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

So far I've been underwhelmed by the 7d's 720/60p implementation.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If you need another camera anyway then why not a 7D, otherwise it seems a lot to pay for half speed slow motion. Twixtor will do more for you in slow mo options. There is another point that the 7D does slow mo at 720p and unfortunately the 7D footage at 720p does not look the best.
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Contributor

A friend of mine who shoots on both commercial and feature productions has a 7D but he uses Twixtor for slomo because he wants to keep the higher resolution. The stuff looks great.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

right on guys. Don't really need another camera, just great slow mo so maybe twixter is the way forward. does it help at all with the effects of camera motion / rolling shutter?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD