Where to buy the 550D? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens Greece / York UK
Posts: 48
Where to buy the 550D?

Hello,

I was looking to buy the 550D with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lenses. But the only place I know is Amazon.co.uk which apparently is expensive (?). I also realised by looking to the bhphotovideo.com that they are like 200-300 euros down! Why??? Is there a place where I can buy the same camera in the UK in that price? How much will it cost me if I buy it from the US?

Cheers!
George Logothetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Trustee
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England liverpool
Posts: 1,312
Hi if you look at my previous post colin is helping me with a similar question!! im going to try e-bay they are slightly cheaper and colin says there is no difference between the 550d/kiss/t2i so digital rev seem to have a good name. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chania Crete Greece
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Logothetis View Post
Hello,

I was looking to buy the 550D with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lenses. But the only place I know is Amazon.co.uk which apparently is expensive (?). I also realised by looking to the bhphotovideo.com that they are like 200-300 euros down! Why??? Is there a place where I can buy the same camera in the UK in that price? How much will it cost me if I buy it from the US?

Cheers!

George, I believe it's better to buy localy.

99% you will have to pay duty (which will most likely turn out to be more than if you buy it localy) if you buy from anywere outside the EU and if you buy from UK or anywere else in the EU you will only be covered by the European warranty meaning that if you ever encounter any problems you will have to send the camera to a european Canon service center since Greece does not have an official Canon Office but rather a simple dealer (Intersys) that covers warranty only when bought localy.

Also if you are a pro it's a no brainer since you also get back your VAT charge when you get an invoice.

I suggest GalaiosPhoto as one of the most reliable sellers in Athens.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Trustee
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nicosia, CYPRUS
Posts: 1,080
George, check your mail.I am selling my 550D with the Canon EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Almost new at special price.

Stelios
__________________
My Blog: http://steliosc.blogspot.com
"I hope for nothing, I fear nothing, I am free" Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited by Stelios Christofides; February 13th, 2011 at 08:47 AM.
Stelios Christofides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens Greece / York UK
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiros Zaharakis View Post
George, I believe it's better to buy localy.

99% you will have to pay duty (which will most likely turn out to be more than if you buy it localy) if you buy from anywere outside the EU and if you buy from UK or anywere else in the EU you will only be covered by the European warranty meaning that if you ever encounter any problems you will have to send the camera to a european Canon service center since Greece does not have an official Canon Office but rather a simple dealer (Intersys) that covers warranty only when bought localy.

Also if you are a pro it's a no brainer since you also get back your VAT charge when you get an invoice.

I suggest GalaiosPhoto as one of the most reliable sellers in Athens.
Hey Spiros!

I am actually at the UK ;)
George Logothetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #6
New Boot
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 12
I bought mine a couple weeks ago, was planning on buying from amazon but the price went up.

i found this site though, www.camerabox.co.uk

Bought them from, they have a facebook so i checked on their reviews, they seemed to be slow. But it's the best price i could find.

Once i ordered on the friday they rang me for security questions later in the day and i saw my camera tuesday morning!

Edit: Apologies, i read to quickly! Removed the first link, it was the 18-55mm IS Kit Lens! But it's a great site if you can find it cheap.
Karl Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens Greece / York UK
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Taylor View Post
I bought mine a couple weeks ago, was planning on buying from amazon but the price went up.

i found this site though, Camerabox | The Professionals Choice For Casio Canon Fuji Kodak Konica Minolta Lexar Nikon Olympus Panasonic Samsung Sigma Sony Digital Cameras

Bought them from, they have a facebook so i checked on their reviews, they seemed to be slow. But it's the best price i could find.

Once i ordered on the friday they rang me for security questions later in the day and i saw my camera tuesday morning!

Edit: Apologies, i read to quickly! Removed the first link, it was the 18-55mm IS Kit Lens! But it's a great site if you can find it cheap.
WOW! this is great! they are new on their box or used?
Also the bit where u gotta contact with them and not cannon is a bit dodgy.. I mean, I am planing to leave europe for 2 years and then what happens if my camera brakes? :/
George Logothetis is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network