Conversion help needed... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Conversion help needed...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed so many videos on how to convert using streamclip not sure where the problem is.
First the problem: After conversion from raw to prores422 (plays back choppy on QT player, I assume the same for FCP).

Here's what I'm doing.
-Batch list
-export to qt
-apple pro res 422
-100% quality
-frame rate (i've added it on some and some I left blank.. doesnt seem to matter).
-unscaled
-export.

Thanks in advance
steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sounds like your computer might now have enough power to play files without glitching out a bit.

By the way, your source files are h.264, not RAW, but I understand what you mean.
Gabe Spangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Major Player

isn't prores a difficult format for quicktime to play up?

after transcoding to prores, from what I know it's best to transcode it back to either h.264 or some other presentable codec
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #4
New Boot

Try apple pro res 422 (LT) that is still more than enough of a bitrate for t2i footy...That may allow for QT to handle it, if not then its your computer power...
Dave Pierpont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses. It's my computer power... My IMAC is getting pretty old and I'm super excited about my new one that should be here in about a week.

Turns out they play pretty well in FCP... I'm actually happy knowing that it's my hardware and not my workflow.

Thanks again.
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD