Just Bought Another 60D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Just Bought Another 60D

I like the camera so much I bought another one. I have been wanting a second camera for a while. Back in the film daze I always had at least two cameras (2 different types of film), sometimes the same bodies. Well now I have it again.
For me the 60D has been the best camera for what I do. Video and stills. It is the best camera for video Canon makes because of the manual controls and the swivel LCD. It is also a pretty good still camera as well. It is a nice compromise of both. So a second one was bought at Neal Photo in Philipsburg Montana.
Just used both cameras for a video shoot. One tight and one wide.
Old September 28th, 2011, 02:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Just Bought Another 60D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Halfhill View Post
I like the camera so much I bought another one. I have been wanting a second camera for a while. Back in the film daze I always had at least two cameras (2 different types of film), sometimes the same bodies. Well now I have it again.
For me the 60D has been the best camera for what I do. Video and stills. It is the best camera for video Canon makes because of the manual controls and the swivel LCD. It is also a pretty good still camera as well. It is a nice compromise of both. So a second one was bought at Neal Photo in Philipsburg Montana.
I am curious what avantages you see for video in the 60d over the 600d. Just about to get myself a second camera too.
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Trustee

Another of the advantages of the DSLR: how cheap it is to own multiple cameras. It might cost $5000 to buy your first body and a collection of lenses, but after that the 2nd camera setup is only $1000!

I never would've dreamed of having 3-4 matching cameras when I was shooting on Sony V1P's and Z1P's - that would've cost upwards of $20,000! But with DSLR's, you can just keep adding bodies, and (assuming you don't need to get a duplicate lens) you'll already have everything else you need. Same thing goes for when it's time to upgrade. You only pay $1000-2000 for a new body instead of $6000 for a whole new camcorder.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Halfhill View Post
if you are ok with keeping the crop body then why not but personally if I go for a second set up I would look into full frame..(5Dm2)...of course assuming business is good enough for that kind of purchase...
Pat Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have both 5D2 and 60D. Both have their good points, but I must admit to choosing the 60D if I am doing just simple one camera video. I have VF's for both cameras, but when shooting myself as the "talent", it is very conveneient to flip the screen around to be facing me for composition etc and then activate the video recording using the Canon infra red control.

Working alone on a two camera shoot needing wide angle coverage, I usually have the 5D2 with 17-40mm fixed (but occasionally adjusted for viewpoint - zoom etc) and "run around" getting close ups and general material using the 60D.

Peter
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Regular Crew

yeah sometimes that 1.6x is such a pain if you dont have a wide lens...sometimes not even 18(1.6) is wide enough...like in cars...
Pat Flores is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD