600d at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

600d

I "inherited" a Canon 600D a few days ago. Now I have a few questions as it didn't come with a manual. I know that I can download it but couldn't find answers to the following questions:

1. The video recording sometimes stops and a message comes up on the LCD saying:
"Video recording is interrupted"
When I try again there seems to be no problem.

2. Sometimes a message flashes in the down left corner: "Exp. SIM"

3. What is the best way to import the footage to my iMac? I have tried iMovie but it didn't recognize the
camera. Tried iPhoto and it worked... but is there a better way.

I have a 16Gb SD-card from YES marked HD-video 10.

Thank you
Hans Sandstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 600d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Sandstrom View Post
I "inherited" a Canon 600D a few days ago. Now I have a few questions as it didn't come with a manual. I know that I can download it but couldn't find answers to the following questions:

1. The video recording sometimes stops and a message comes up on the LCD saying:
"Video recording is interrupted"
When I try again there seems to be no problem.

2. Sometimes a message flashes in the down left corner: "Exp. SIM"

3. What is the best way to import the footage to my iMac? I have tried iMovie but it didn't recognize the
camera. Tried iPhoto and it worked... but is there a better way.

I have a 16Gb SD-card from YES marked HD-video 10.

Thank you

I'm not sure about question #1 but the EXP. Sim message shouldn't be anything to worry about. I believe it's It's short for 'Exposure Simulation' - it means the live view image is approximating the exposure of the final image.

For importing I recommend you drag and drop the files from the card onto your hard drive and use Mpeg Streamclip (google it, it's free) to convert from H.264 into Prores or something more edit friendly.
I hope that helps
Old October 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jeffrey,

In order to drag the clips from the camera I need the camera to show up as a "hard disk" on my iMac - but it doesn't... Do I have to set the camera before connecting it via USB-cable to the iMac?

I have used MPEGStreamClip to convert the clips for use n Final Cut Express.
Old October 30th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Major Player

If your imac has an SD card reader you ought to be able to do it that way.

Go get the software for it, particularly EOS utility. That might help prod the computer into recognising it.

About the record halting; try a low level format of the card and see if it still does it.
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Regular Crew

No, I don't have a card reader - but I'll will buy one.

Thank you both...
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #6
New Boot

Now you can use the Canon EOS 600D's built-in flash to trigger and control it wireless for a host of potential lighting techniques and is a welcome inclusion on a camera of this class.
Charlton Chars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Regular Crew

the first problem may be related to the SD card your are using, it may not be fast enough for the video recording of the camera.
Iker Riera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iker Riera View Post
the first problem may be related to the SD card your are using, it may not be fast enough for the video recording of the camera.
I've used class 6, class 10 and sometimes even class 4. Whenever it says something like "Movie Recording has stopped automatically, all i do is just format the card whilst it's in the camera. Once i do that it's pretty much fine. Obviously you might want to format it before doing any filming.
Karl Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD