Canon 70D Audio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 20th, 2015, 07:39 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Canon 70D Audio

Well I needed a new camera so I crossed my fingers and ordered the 70D knowing I will suffer without an audio headset jack. Everything else about the 70D is impressive for video and photos.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Wrangler

I recently picked up a 70D and used it for booth reviews at NAB. I'll echo what others say about the autofocus. Pretty awesome.

As for the audio monitoring, I too was thinking about some sort of HDMI interface but according to the manual, no audio is output over HDMI during recording, only playback. So, that's one workaround out the window. Bummer. It really is the only video shortcoming I've become aware of so far. Still learning more of the nuances of this camera, but very pleased with the imagery so far.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM   #18
Major Player

Check out the RA222 by JuiceLinked. This audio interface provides two XLR inputs for the 70D, as well as headphones out. The audio that it provides is crystal clear. (I wrote about it in a previous post to this thread.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD