5D goes Hollywood at G.I. Joe Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old August 7th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Tourist

5D goes Hollywood at G.I. Joe Premiere

I used the 5D to interview the stars of G.I. Joe on the Red carpet at the premiere. Hilarious, in that the crew next to us had a huge betacam, and didn't get nearly the picture we did. (The op was really jealous, as his aching body yearned for the lightness of the 5D).

Here's my interview with Marlon Wayans G.I. Joe Premiere- Jeremy and Marlon get crazy

And here's me with Channing Tatum, the other star of the film G.I. Joe Premiere- Jeremy talks to Channing Tatum

Sorry, no Sienna Miller footage, guys.
Jeremy Saville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

No Siena Miller footage…

…equals massive FAIL.

Interesting to see that type of 5D footage. Looks nice, except for those rolling shutter flashes.
Stephen Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Major Player

you guys NEED an on camera light!
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Wrangler

Agreed about the on-camera light, just a touch of fill would have been nice.

Not really fair to compare handheld ergonomics to a full-size camera when you guys were clearly on a tripod!

And as far as the picture being better--it's not a foregone conclusion that shallow focus automatically improves an image. Sure, the background is pretty but it doesn't count for much when your operator failed to maintain focus on the subject for most of the interview (referring to Marlan here). Not an easy task when the subject is moving around, to be sure, but therein lies the problem with using this camera for unrehearsed material.
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Papert View Post
]...just a touch of fill would have been nice.

Not really fair to compare handheld ergonomics to a full-size camera when you guys were clearly on a tripod!

...it doesn't count for much when your operator failed to maintain focus on the subject for most of the interview...
I'd have to agree with Charles, Louis and Stephen.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD