Switching to Canon lenses - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 24th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Brandon View Post
sorry to be off topic, but wayne, what did you use for the AF adjustment? Did you purchase something like lensalign system or just use the .jpg that is floating around the internet?
I have tried a visual method shooting out of the window across the street into a hedge with lots of details, but the little jpeg pic works very well too. In the end, that was the method I use. Popped it on the laptop and had a fiddle for a bit until all the lenses looked nice and sharp.

Of course, I'm moving to using the Natural style setting more these days which turns the sharpness down a bit, so it kind of defeats the object but at least I know they're right.

A couple of them needed quite surprisingly severe settings like -14 in one case. Seemed like a lot to me. Others were between 3 and 7

Last edited by Wayne Avanson; December 24th, 2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: thought of something else
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD