viewfinder won't work when I close the LCD only when I flip the Lcd 180 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #1
New Boot

viewfinder won't work when I close the LCD only when I flip the Lcd 180

here I am just purchased this GL2 and everything works perfect but the viewfinder won't turn on when the lcd is closed I have tried verything on the set up menu since I had before a xl1 but nothing no luck even when I go to set up the option for the viewfinder in not highligthed only when I flip the lcd open then I can modified the setting on the viewfinder .......please anybody that can help me.... thanks
Juan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Neither does mine. I believe it's just a design oversight in the camera unfortunately.

Greg
Greg Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Wrangler

I believe that there is an internal switch that is part of the right cover unit that senses when the LCD panel is open/closed, and that switch may not be operating properly.
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Don, unless I read wrong, this is only happening (as it is with me) when the LCD is flipped 180 degrees and closed in that position.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it. My screen shuts off properly when it is in the normal closed position.

Greg
Greg Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM   #5
New Boot

let me see if I got it clear .... when the lcd is closed normal with the screen on the inside the viewfinder should turn on by itself isn't it? well mine does not turn on unless I flip the lcd all the way as if you where in front of the camera and you are facing the lcd or even when I close the lcd with the screen facing outside of the camera I don't know if yours does the same but mine Ican't see anything on the viewfinder when I look trough the viewfinder... somebody told me that the sensor that will switch the viewfinder it' problably bad I just wan to know if other cameras does the same thanks
Juan Hernandez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders