Portabrace Packing Tips for GL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:24 PM   #1
New Boot

Portabrace Packing Tips for GL2

Hi all,
I just bought a Portabrace CS-DV3 case . Awesome workmanship, but that's beside the point...

My concern is that the insert which holds the camera itself seems too long for the GL2. However, this is the case Portabrace themselves recommend for the GL2. I am storing the camera without any accessories attached. The insert can be made longer, but will only go so short. Do people store their GL2 with the Lens Hood attached? It seems like the insert is fitted to accomdate the camera with the Lens Hood already on, but thought it would be risky to leave attached during transport.

Am I missing something here? Does it even matter that the insert seems to long? The camera fits snugly in the case anyway. Just looking for some thoughts on the subject...

Thanks!!
Justin
Justin Montanino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:32 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

You may, indeed, be missing something, Justin. Pull that cradle out and adjust it to your liking. It's attached to bottom of the case with Velcro and its length can be adjusted.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

My Sony VX-2000 is nearly the same size as your GL2 and I always have either the lens hood or a wide angle adapter on the camera at all times. Between one of those and a good sized battery on the back end, the camera stays pretty snug in the cradle.
Mike Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2004, 08:31 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Ken, Mike.
I have the insert set as small as possible, I think the issue just stems from how I was expecting it to fit without any accessories attached, compared to how it does. Not wrong, just different. I have no doubt it will be well protected regardless.

Thanks for your help!
Justin Montanino is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders