Should I get cheap TG1 or HF100? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old December 30th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #16
Contributor

I bought a Sony TG1 just to have a "pocketcam" in my pocket. While it's not as good as an HV30 or even an HF10, it's pretty darn close in decent light. I have yet to capture any footage into FCP but will do that according to directions I saw in a Ken Stone article. My normal camera is an XH A1, and it would be rare that I'd intercut footage from the TG1, but it's good enough so I could, in some cases.

Just to check out the SD mode, I shot some things, and they look surprisingly good. They come out as MPEG2, but so far I haven't been able to get a clip into an FCP timeline and make it look decent without lots of venetian blind effects. I don't have any reason to shoot SD, but just thought I'd try it out. Interestingly, the SD clips play fine on my old iBook G4 but not on the Mini at home.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders