Windows 7 Support: Spotty at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Windows 7 Support: Spotty

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/Win...patibility.pdf

For all VIXIA cameras, Canon claims Windows 7 support BUT: "PIXELA ImageMixer 3SE is not supported by Windows 7 at this time"

even though it installs and launches the camera monitor.

The system still seems my camera as a Mass Storage USB device, but refuses to mount it....

--

Removing Pixela and rebooting, the device mgr now shows "Video Camera" rather than "USB Mass Sotrage Device," but it still can't mount or even eject it

Last edited by Kevin Bjorke; October 28th, 2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: more data
Kevin Bjorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

No issues with my HG10 and HG21 camcorders in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit on my end...Pixela Image Mixer 3 SE Ver.3 program working fine thus far, also HG10 and 21 camcorder's are seen and identified as Canon device's in 7 as well...
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

*sigh* annoying -- also Win7-64 but no luck even after reboot
Kevin Bjorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #4
New Boot

Drivers

You'll have to manually update your motherboard chipset drivers with ones direct from Intel/AMD. I was having the same problem until I updated the drivers. Now transfer does work as before, but the app is so slow it's unusable. Pixela is supposedly working on the problem.

I'm thinking about just using Adobe Bridge to manage my video files instead... has anyone had luck with that?
Adam Romanowicz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders