B&H Taking Orders! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM   #31
Major Player

I guess thats why I was curious, if the price infact does drop before delivery, since they already charged my card. Just wondering.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Michael View Post
That price is from my local dealer (a totally legit brick-and-mortar establishment), not from one of the Crooklyn outfits. I was very surprised that they came in lower than B&H. They are requiring a 25% deposit to secure the price.

Who knows...maybe the HV20 "street price" will actually be lower than $1099. This certainly appears to be the case.
do they ship to the uk?!!
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM   #33
Regular Crew

I'd be happy to list their contact info here, but don't know the policies of this board regarding such posts. I have no connection with the seller whatsoever (other than as a customer). They've offered a very competitive price on the XHA1, so no reason to disbelieve this price on the HV20.

If it's okay to share the contact info in this thread, I will do so. Otherwise you can drop me an email and I'll fill you in.
C.S. Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Montoto View Post
I guess thats why I was curious, if the price infact does drop before delivery, since they already charged my card. Just wondering.
A merchant who charges your credit card a month before he can ship is enhancing his cash flow at your expense. I would not put up with that.
Mike Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
A merchant who charges your credit card a month before he can ship is enhancing his cash flow at your expense. I would not put up with that.
What I'm doing by paying in advance and getting in line, is "enhancing" my chance of getting this camera as soon as posible.

I fully believe that after the success of the HV10, the HV20 with more features and an even lower price will sell really well. Maybe they would be sold out of the initial order, and I want one of these now.

I have a shoot this morning that I would love to have this camera for. Instead, I have to shoot a a unpleasent scene twice and try not to have continuity errors to boot.

I think that this prepay will be a good investment.

Mike
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Leung View Post
I got almost all my gears from B&H. I never have to pay any duty. Just be aware that if you ship the gears from the US with anything cheaper than "UPS Expedited", the custom may charge you $50 for brokerage fee.
I thought it was UPS that charges the brokerage fee. What I hear from other Canadians with a lot of UPS experience is to avoid them for overseas orders whenever possible.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
Well it was B&H that pre-charged my card, I thought it was alittle weird but they are one of the forum recommended vendors. I also wanted to get one as soon as possible too so I did what I had to do.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Montoto View Post
Well it was B&H that pre-charged my card, I thought it was alittle weird but they are one of the forum recommended vendors. I also wanted to get one as soon as possible too so I did what I had to do.
That's SOP for B&H. It's stated on their web site.

JohnG
John Godden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Hi enrico,
try searching the popular camcorder shops in singapore yesterday but sadly no chance of finding the hv20..many of them do not even realise about this new model.
Bhphoto is selling it right now, in stock.. but only the ntsc version.
anyone knows of a good europe online store has stock for hv20?

ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrico Sasso View Post
In Tokyo (Yodobashi ) the HV20 NTSC will cost about 130.000 Yen.
What about the prices at Singapore shops ?

If still the HV20 isn't yet priced there, p.se let me know the actual price of HV10.

Thanks
Yow Siang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders