Resolution Loss at 1/24 shutter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 9th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #1
New Boot

Resolution Loss at 1/24 shutter?

Hi All,
Does anybody know whether a 1/24th shutter speed (as opposed to 1/48th) reduces resolution on the A1, when shooting 24F?

I know the PD150 resolution suffered when going below 1/60th at 60i and wonder if there is a similar problem with the A1 ...

Many thanks,
Peter
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Peter as far as I know the shutter speed should have 0 effect on resolution. The only problem I have with going as low as 1/24th in 1080/24f is it does tend to look a bit video like. But can be quite usable in many situations. It does tend to have a lot of motion blur on movement, but thats little to do with resolution, though it would stop me using it on high action as you could end up with a blur on everything bar the still components.
Noel Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders