Line artifacts? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 16th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #1
New Boot

Line artifacts?

I have a downconverted SD video clip from my Canon A1. I play the original footage on WMP. It looks perfect (lines are smooth). But, when I import it into Premiere or AE to add effects and stuff like that, then I export it out. The exported clip has this weird artifacts of lines that look choppy (the original untouched footage has lines that are smooth). Why is it like that? Is it because of the codec?

Raneath
Raneath Sokha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #2
New Boot

Lines

I have the same problem. Any lines in my video move, how do I get them smooth? Is it the camera or editing? I think it's in my camera too.
Amie Spiridigliozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Wrangler

How are you down-converting?
Old January 9th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #4
New Boot

hey guys I downconverted inside the camera. As for the jagged lines, I think I've found the remedy or so I think.

1) If you use premiere, do not use the slow motion inside premiere because it will make the lines in the image all jagged. That's premiere pro 2.

2) If you import the clip into after effects and do stuff with it, you have to import it back into premiere. Put the clip on timeline, render it, and export. Then, you'll see it plays back smoothly. Stuff coming out of AE needs to be rendered one more time. I don't know if it is right but I did it this way and it works for me.
Raneath Sokha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders