Quick Xh ai/Field monitor question... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 31st, 2009, 03:32 AM   #1
New Boot

Quick Xh ai/Field monitor question...

I have and XH a1 that should be arriving this week and a Marshall V-R70DP already. I'm wondering what would be the best way to hook the two up to preview in HD (if at all possible?) I've looked for topics on the subject before posting and have yet to find any.

I was given the Monitor so it's not like I didn't do my research before pursaching an item, but I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the Marshall monitor or what cabeling they used to hook it up to the xh a1... heres a link to the product to get an idea of what i'm working with

Marshall | V-R70DP 1.2 Mega-Pixel 7-Inch Widescreen | V-R70DP

Thanks in advance.

-Sean
Sean Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:11 AM   #2
New Boot

Hook up with a BNC connector ended cable. The socket is behind a little cover on the LH side of the camera. It's not HD but that is not important. It will be very good for focusing and choosing how to frame the shots. Make up a little hood for it if you are outside to shade the screen. I use a Sony video Walkman as a monitor.

Cheers Alan.
Alan R. Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 05:28 AM   #3
New Boot

Sweet, of all things I never knew the Xh A1 had a BNC connector... I only thought that was a feature on the G1/G1s, so I ignored it all together. Thanks for the speedy response and I look into it.
Sean Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:01 PM   #4
New Boot

Actually the connector is on the RH side. If you go to the Canon web site you can download the instruction manual and get up to speed before you get it. I did that, you feel you know it as you take it out of the box. Wonderful!

Alan
Alan R. Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders