Stereo Mic with XH A1S at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #1
New Boot

Stereo Mic with XH A1S

Can someone please tell me how they hook up a stereo mic to their XH A1S.?...using the XLR inputs.
I have a Audio Technica BP4029 I want to use. I'm not finding the info I need from the manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Go into the camera menu under audio settings. There will be two options for each channel L/R. You can change the channel input for both. Make sure each channel matches the XLR input on the camera. XLR Mic should be the setting.

If your mic requires phantom power then look on the front of the camera. There will be two switches there to enable phantom power for both channels.
Sylus Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Sylus....so then would you select XLR Rec Channel as CH1/CH2..?..seems obvious but it's confusing to me.

Thanks
Joe Cronin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders