Little clip on a Sunny Day at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old November 25th, 2006, 04:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Little clip on a Sunny Day

Nothing special, running around near my house with a two year old in tow. Best I could do under the circumstances.

Took the daughter for a walk in her "shaky cart" with no OIS on. Then a few other shots I threw together. This was shot very fast on the run. Used a polariser on every shot but the last small timelapse piece.
http://www.scarlet-films.com/A1/SUNNY.mov
Noel Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Noel: that was fun, nice mix of shots. I feel like I've just taken a little tour of a Japanese suburb! The shot of the golden leaves was stunning, this cam sure shoots leaves well.

Curious -- why did you leave the OIS off for the shot in your daughter's wagon? How did you mount the camera?
Dave Lammey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lammey
Noel: that was fun, nice mix of shots. I feel like I've just taken a little tour of a Japanese suburb! The shot of the golden leaves was stunning, this cam sure shoots leaves well.

Curious -- why did you leave the OIS off for the shot in your daughter's wagon? How did you mount the camera?
Had the cam sitting on a small bean bag. The cart has rock hard wheels and vibrates a lot, I did 20 metres with OIS then changed it. Seemed more real without it. BTW my daughters second birthday today!
Noel Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Contributor

A very cute kid!
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the fooatge Noel, looks good. Cute kid too!
The general concensus from what I've picked up in forums is to swtich OIS off when using a steadicam... er of sorts. I actually think that light shake was a good thing. Should be recieving my A1 when we get stock in South Africa mid december, cant wait to post my own!
Rudi Benade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Evans
Nothing special, running around near my house with a two year old in tow. Best I could do under the circumstances.
[/URL]
Ah ah, I know those circumstances. Testing M2, my (18 month) sun in the park. Checking a new polarizer, my sun in the park. Want some steadycam footage update for the showreel, my sun in the park...
Usually "action" ends with him asking "what is that?" and pulling out Rycote fur from the mic.
Happy birthday!
Alvise Tedesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Regular Crew

happy birthday to a wonderful child!

Loved the footage!

the rack focus was great, did you have any focus hunting issues?

thanks for a fun time.
Luc Meisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM   #8
Major Player

Noel,

Were you racking focusing manually, or were you using the focus set points?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders