XHA1 to hi def.monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XHA1 to hi def.monitor

I read many times of you guys waching your HDV in hi resolution monitor. How do you conct to the monitor? Do you use a cable like this one
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TMsx45J...hdmi+connector
or do you use only the cable provided with the camera.
Mike Quinones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Mike, the cable in your link is HDMI to DVI. The Canon XH camcorders do not have an HDMI output jack. Instead you'll want to use the cable that comes with the camcorder. It connects to the component video output D-terminal on the back of the camcorder. The other end is the standard triple RCA plug array which connects to the component video input on an HDTV. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank You Mr Hurd.
Now it is more clear to me.
Mike Quinones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Mike,

Mr. Hurd is correct, however, be careful to check the monitor to which you'll be connecting. I was all excited to see real HD video when we got our XL H1, so I brought it home to connect it to the component inputs of my HD set. To my disappointment, I could not get the set to show the HD signal. I had to switch it to 480i. Granted, I have a cheaper 26" HDTV for home use that works just fine for DVDs and general TV viewing (Protron), but not for HDV playback.

We use a Sharp Aquos at work and it works just fine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders