Relay lens for XLH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Major Player

Relay lens for XLH1

Does anyone know if there are any relay lenses available for the XLH1 series? (by that I mean a DOF adapter that attaches directly to the 1/3 mount without the use of the stock lens).

I know that P+S Technik make an XL adapter for the Mini 35, but that still seems massively expensive. I had read a long time ago that both Letus and Cinevate were working on XL adapters, but these seem to have come to nothing.

Is anyone aware of any other options than the Mini 35? I'm aware that this has been discussed previously (going back a couple of years though), and I was just wondering if there have been any developments in the meantime?

Thanks!
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Unfortunately, it seems that the P+S Technik is the only option at this point. And the mini35 Compact, built specific for the camera, is by far the best option.

But at $7000 for the system, it is no small buy. It coast as much as the camera itself!
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I mentioned on another thread that there are pre-owned Mini35-400s on eBay and some may be XL1 and 2 versions which may fit up to the XLH1 if the lens mount is the same. It is recommended you check to see if the conductor pins inside the XLH1 mount stick out furthur than the XL1 or 2.

If these pins make contact with the metal rim of the mount, then the camera may end up cactus.

Listen to others who know better than I on this subject.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Yeah, seems the Mini 35 is still the only option...

Letus are offering a 1/3 relay lens ( Letus Corporation*::*Letus Relay Lenses*::*Letus 1/3" Pro Full Frame Relay Lens ) but the mount for the XLH1 has still to appear...
Simon Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders