a little white star in lineland at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 13th, 2003, 11:45 PM   #1
Tourist

a little white star in lineland

well..my first languaje is castellano o spanish.
I work with the XL1 camcorder in documental line.

and have a strange problem.

In the recordimages exist a little white point. I see all parts all posible parts and discard the posibles of dirty points in the lens of the camera.
And no see the little point.

its a electronical problem?

thanks.

A.
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:45 AM   #2
Wrangler

May may be describing a hot pixel. That is, a pixel that is much brighter than the surrounding pixels. It will be visible at the same position in the image no matter the zoom setting. More likely to be visible if the scene is dark and gain is turned up. The Canon XL1 manual makes reference to the possibility of hot pixels being visible when using gain. However, reports of hot pixels inth XL1 are rare.

If this is the case, correction requires a visit to Canon service. Altenatively you can probably use a point mask to hide it in post production editing.
Old July 14th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #3
Warden

Do you see the white star on a TV used for playback or only through the XL1 viewfinder?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Adrian....si tienes problemas entender cosas aqui que estan escritos en ingles...pues hablo espanol tambien, asi puedo traducirlo para que entiendes mejor. Puede ser que tu nivel de Ingles esta bueno, pero solo quiero ofrecer mi ayuda.

AND now for those who what to know what I said. I will say the same in english

"Adrian...if you have problems understanding things in here that are written in english....I speak spanish as well, so I could translate so you can understand the answers better. It's possible that you have a great level of english, but I thought I would offer my help"
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 02:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I saw something like that on a Sony TRV 900. What we narrowed it down to was that some dork pointed the camera at the sun without any protective filters or anything, and managed to burn the CCDs It was a bit bigger than 1 pixel, it looked a bit like a tiny droplet of water was on the lens.
Old July 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM   #6
Tourist

the microstar emerge

Muchas Gracias, es una sorpresa encontrar tanta amabilidad, y asi mismo ofrezco mi dispocision de ayuda para lo que sea.

Thanks for all the posthelp, i see the problem better,
with a good light and patience, the micro point is in the horizon(lens), dont now how this is.
Thanks
Don Palomaki
Jeff Donald
Benjamin Harrison
and very special to Christopher Hughes

Gracias. muchas gracias.
Old July 17th, 2003, 10:21 AM   #7
Major Player

Adrian, I sent you a reply, but it appears to have been removed. I wrote it just quickly in spanish and guess that its been removed, i forgot that this site is ran from USA. Here in the UK, things are different, we hear that many languages in the street that we dont care...thats what makes Europe unique...we have every language under the sun here, and even languages within the UK and dialects.

What i did ask, and I hope that you can understand me, as it appears I cannot write in spanish, was to ask you a few questions. So in order to not spend a while re-writing stuff I will jsut write the questions in brief in both Spanish and English (British version) so non-speakers can see whats written:

1) Que tal el XL1s en respecto al clima de calor y alta humedad? Como se suporte el clima, o vives en un lugar seco?
How does the XL1s handle in heat and high humidity? Or do you live in a dry region?

2) Donde y como guardes tu camera en tu casa con el calor y humedad? Lo guardes en una caja segura que no permite aire entrar? O lo guardes solo en una caja de camera? Lo guardes en una sala con aire acondicionado o solo en un lugar cual es lo mas seco posible?
Where and how do you store you camera in your house with the heat and humidity? Do you store it in and aire tight box or do you just store it in normal camera case? Do you store it in a room with air con or just in the driest place possible?

3) Como guardes tus casets tambien para evitar que se hacen a perder con el calor y humedad? Guardaba rollos de pelicula en el refigerador, pero no se de casets digitales.
How do you store your tapes to avoid getting damaged of effected by the heat and humidity? I used to store film rolls in the fridge, but I dont know about digital tapes.
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog