Setting the black level on the XL1s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old November 25th, 2001, 05:19 AM   #1
Paul Robinson

Setting the black level on the XL1s

Does anyone know how to set the black level on the XL1s?
I've noticed Chris put that you could do it in the XL1s skinny, and the review in the same article had that the guy was told it could do it at the expo he went to but hadn't had time to try it out.

I've just checked the user manual (for the pal version I have) and after not finding any referance to it checked the NTSC PDF format version and couldn't see it there.

Also gone through the menus again, and can only find Colour Gain (like the colour knob on your TV), Colour Phase (more red or more green), Sharpness and setup level (Brightness).
Are my eyes just painted on?

Paul
Old November 25th, 2001, 11:51 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Setup level is the black level. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog