DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Saving to other drives: a Premiere prob or CF? Any solutions? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/125027-saving-other-drives-premiere-prob-cf-any-solutions.html)

Stephen Armour June 30th, 2008 12:21 PM

Saving to other drives: a Premiere prob or CF? Any solutions?

We have two workstations (soon to be three), both with full CS3 Production Premium. We use local RAIDS only for previews and NAS drives for all projects and resources.

We are getting error messages when accessing any project on another computer or non-local drive, then trying to save it back to that computer again. This is extremely inconvenient in our workflow, as we do multiple projects and need to check and make corrections to other projects, so need them centralized.

A local drive solution is not really an option for us. It appears to be a very unprofessional Premiere prob (sound familiar?), but could having the CF Prospect 4K plugin somehow affect?

Has anyone heard of a solution for this (beyond changing editor software, or doing multiple "save-as" copies)?

Paul R Johnson June 30th, 2008 01:34 PM

I've pretty well standardised on removable drives to solve the cross machine problem - streaming video, let alone off-line file sharing is just too slow on my network. (Unless, I'm told you invest in a mega network, which I haven't got)

Stephen Armour June 30th, 2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul R Johnson (Post 901144)
I've pretty well standardised on removable drives to solve the cross machine problem - streaming video, let alone off-line file sharing is just too slow on my network. (Unless, I'm told you invest in a mega network, which I haven't got)

Paul, I'm not even talking about the need for speed. I'm talking about just PP3 "project" files, with all the previews on local RAIDs. We can't even save a lousy PROJECT file twice to the same location!

Version Cue is no help, as it doesn't work with AE or Premiere...

Is Adobe so afraid we'll somehow use their "Production Suites" for actual production workflow, that they cripple them for use in p2p network environments? Good grief.

Stephen Armour June 30th, 2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Armour (Post 901201)
...Version Cue is no help, as it doesn't work with AE or Premiere...

I'm wrong. You can pay a premium and upgrade to the MASTER COLLECTION 3.3, then you get Verson Cue that DOES work with AE and Premiere. So then we pay for even more software we dont' need.

Daniel Raebiger June 15th, 2009 07:33 AM

this is still an issue in cs4 for me :(

i've invested in a 8TB raid5 system and a high end network setup and now i find myself unable to use it as premiere cs4 won't allow saving your project file on a network drive. i am really pissed.