Canon 5D II and Aspect HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon 5D II and Aspect HD

I just used the two footages (The bird on the Branch and Cars on the HWY) I used HDLink to change from 24p to 23.97 per David's info (it was faster than real time on my 4x Core 2.66 CPU. And then started a new Project 1440x1080x30p from CineForm Template in Premiere CS3. It is native. I don't have to render or convert anyuthing. I added music and then exported into 1920x1080 18Mb m2t file. I always do that for my video for my AvelLink2 player and HD3000 Divx players and played in on my TV . Gorgeous , incredible quality. I guess the only thing left is to wait for real video that is hand held and panned and zoomed. Notice ALL videos on Internet are from tripod and static :)
But the conversion was easy and the quality is incredible. that blue sky!!! in the bird on the branch. Something else. Like watching real TV videos on TV. Very promising.
Mario Jesmanowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Surprising! With stock system running NEO, Aspect or Prospect, the MOV H.264 to CineForm AVI would likely not convert as MOV don't play through DirectShow (the engine used by HDLink.) Do you have QuickTime Alternative installed, or is something else helping simplify this? Others would like to know.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Actually I did not pay attention before but now I see that by the bottom right by the clock "ffdshow video decoder" icon shows up
Mario Jesmanowicz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase