CineForm Discontinuing Aspect HD after 5 years.... - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 14th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #76
Inner Circle

Wow, thanks for the unbelievably fast response!

Last edited by Adam Gold; January 14th, 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #77
Major Player

Adam, some things are just better to do and not talk about, get my drift? :)
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #78
Inner Circle

Yessir. Sorry. I'm such an idiot.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #79
Major Player

I'm still running CS2 and Aspect HD...

and not sure when I'll have the $$ to upgrade to CS4.

What would upgrading from Aspect HD to Prospect do for me in the meantime? Would it do anything for me using CS2?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #80
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Danatzko View Post
and not sure when I'll have the $$ to upgrade to CS4.

What would upgrading from Aspect HD to Prospect do for me in the meantime? Would it do anything for me using CS2?
Prospect HD works in CS2, adds 32-bit color processing, 1920x1080, HDSDI capture and monitoring and soon Acitve Metadata in PHD v4.
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #81
Regular Crew

I do not use most of the features of Aspect HD, and I was considering not upgrading to Prospect.But this week when I tried to switch over the native HDV m2t editing in Premiere Pro CS3 without Cineform, I found that the Premiere Pro and the HDLink app with Aspect HD can do something that neither Premiere Pro alone nor that other great utility HDVSPlit can do without Aspect HD- Capture with scene detect AND deinterlace upon capture. I need both of those to make my edits go faster. Premiere still doesn't have scene detect in CS4 for crying out loud! And HDVSPlit does great scene detect but doesn't deintelace on capture. I cannot deinterlace my Sony FX-1 footage on export either because 'export to tape' has no such option. So like it or not I think that am stuck with sticking to Aspect HD for now or possibly upgrading.
Jim Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #82
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gunn View Post
I do not use most of the features of Aspect HD, and I was considering not upgrading to Prospect.But this week when I tried to switch over the native HDV m2t editing in Premiere Pro CS3 without Cineform, I found that the Premiere Pro and the HDLink app with Aspect HD can do something that neither Premiere Pro alone nor that other great utility HDVSPlit can do without Aspect HD- Capture with scene detect AND deinterlace upon capture. I need both of those to make my edits go faster. Premiere still doesn't have scene detect in CS4 for crying out loud! And HDVSPlit does great scene detect but doesn't deintelace on capture. I cannot deinterlace my Sony FX-1 footage on export either because 'export to tape' has no such option. So like it or not I think that am stuck with sticking to Aspect HD for now or possibly upgrading.
I guess there's a compliment buried in there somewhere! :-)
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase