Update: Prospect HD/4K v4 and Neo HD/4K v4 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Zell View Post
Say David, do you have an idea of really when you will release the cineform premiere importer. I have a baby coming late this week and would love to try this out with the new CS4??
Using Cs4 while having a baby has not been confimed compatible. Under certain circumstances you could be beaten or even killed for using CS4 during childbirth. I highly recommend waiting until after to start using CS4. :)

Additionally, this is only an importer and as such, will not assist in the delivery of your child. You'll need to keep the baby in utero until Cineform released the Real-time birth engine which should be closer to NAB I believe. :)
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik View Post
I sure hope those of us that upgraded from Aspect to Prospect in January are included in the free upgrade to 4 as it was listed. I realize 90 days has not passed but I am past 60 and it seems that Prospect 4 might not actually get released within my 90 day window. I realize you have run into issues with CS4 that are causing the delays, but I purchased Prospect specifically for use in CS4 and it was stated that we'd get the free upgrade. Can you clarify that for us?
CS4 support is an free part of that upgrade.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #18
New Boot

Cineform Baby On Hold

Hahahah, yes the baby will be on hold. I do have a unusual dent in my head that I believe is from the baseball bat my wife has in her hands at the moment. Say David, does Cineform correct any imperfections in ones cranium region with the new importer?? One wouldn't want to reach for CS4 until the cineform importer is on flash drive. ... Dang I think I feel another dent!! David, Cineform PLEASE
Adam Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I think my patience is close to expiring :-(

I excitedly installed CS4 back in November after reading Cineform were hoping to offer support in December. This became early January. Then in January, late January. Then early February... Now here we are in March, and the latest update is that it should be out last week. I've been religiously checking for this update on a daily basis for over 100 days now ready to leap upon it so I can start a biggie project I've had on hold, for 100 days or so. I did think about going back to CS3 to make use of cineform as it is now, but once you've tasted CS4 there's no going back I'm afraid! I understand cineform may not be so keen.

I don't mean to moan, and I have been holding off, but it is getting very frustrating. Given there was originally mention that it might be out in December, and it's now March, I just don't know how much stock to put in the current "week or so" projection. If I'm still holding off on this project come christmas I'll might be mighty miffed!
Mathew Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #20
Major Player

I know Cineform is a small company but if the notoriously slow to update "Matrox" can get CS4 working months ago with their hardware/drivers/acceleration/dvi timeline monitoring. I don't know exactly what is the hold up either.

disclaimer: I have no idea if its harder to integrate a software only solution vs. a Hardware/driver solution.

But it is frustrating because I sold my RTX.2 to go with the Cineform solution right before the updated drivers came out. Arghh!
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Regular Crew

It's Adobe's fault though.
I thoroughly HATE them as much as Autodesk.

They have complete and utter moron's in charge.
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob O'Day View Post
It's Adobe's fault though.
I thoroughly HATE them as much as Autodesk.

They have complete and utter moron's in charge.

I agree with what your saying Rob, but that doesn't explain how Matrox accomplished this feat months ago with the same horrible Adobe support.

I want to know if its harder for Cineform because its software only vs. Matrox Hardware/driver/acceleration.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #23
Major Player

It's mostly strange, I find, since it's their flagship product. But alas, it seems like most of the delays have been outside of Cineform's control.

That said, I'm annoyed also to have spent many months constantly refreshing pages and scouring forum posts for updates. The end seems to be near, however.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #24
New Boot

True, it isn't the most convenient thing to have, as I do have 2 large projects that require the very efficient use of the cineform cs4 importer working in conjunction with Premiere. I have been checking numerous times as well for the integration and nothing. David said within days, and that was Tuesday. So I am hoping tomorrow, or Friday at the latest. David will make EVERYONE VERY happy when they post the beta. We are at your mercy David, we are keeping our eyes on the posts and your website!
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #25
CTO, CineForm Inc.

For those refreshing pages, get a news aggregator (I use Bloglines.com) and subscribe to our news feed. We annouce all sort of things on that.

As for what is hard to do, doing CS4 support (changed a lot from the API) while doing NEO 3D (very cool), FirstLight(tm) (just as cool), and stuff you never knew we did (and may never.) Prospect HD/4K v4 will not be v3 + CS4 support, we have no interest is just doing Adobe patches, we want advance the workflow further. Other companies like Adobe, Apple and Avid to withhold features for 18 months, we don't do that we really features when they are done. Unfortunately we can't control when Adobe products are released (4.0.1 was delayed and had the API we needed it,) when it arrived were simply in the middle of doing other extremely important tools. All complicated by our predictions of CS4 support where based on previous Adobe updates, this has been harder. CS4 importer is going public beta tomorrow I expect.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #26
New Boot

David, I think you are going to make ALOT of people here very happy with the new Beta tomorrow. We all have such a strong following with you and Cineform because we believe in the software that you create. It's such a strong tool for u, that allows us to breathe easy and let our minds be creative without frustrating limitations. You break that limitation apart with the ease of workflow from our HD and HDV and beyond streams.... Oh and my pregnant wife also said in the background.."You are the MAN!"
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #27
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Re: For those refreshing pages

Also follow my twitter feed. This is the first to post new info.

Twitter / David_Newman

Adam, Thanks
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #28
New Boot

David, now I can say, "Your the MAN!" The CS4 importer beta version, works great, and is as smooth as butter in premiere!! Also the video does import into after effects as well. So excellent work getting the beta out!! Thanks! Boy I tell you, nothing beats Cineform for HD workflow!!
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #29
New Boot

Where do I find the customer beta for Prospect HD?
Sascha Mayer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase