Update: Prospect HD/4K v4 and Neo HD/4K v4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 26th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Update: Prospect HD/4K v4 and Neo HD/4K v4

We're long overdue for giving everybody an update on Prospect and Neo v4 status.

First of all - why the delay? Our CS4 importer is mostly all working internally, but we're dealing with one Adobe issue that we don't have direct control over, and which needs to be resolved prior to shipping. It's very high priority for us, and it is getting close. We realize this delay is frustrating for you, and it is also frustrating for us.

When will it be available? We can't predict definitively, but we *hope* within a week or so of this post. When will Neo v4 and Prospect v4 be available? As soon as the importer is ready we'll cut version 4 builds of both.

The new builds will include:

* CS4 importer
* new components to work with AVCHD and Canon 5D Mark II sources
* Prospect only - CS3 RT engine and effects
* Prospect only - CineForm effects for CS4 (without RT engine)

What will come later (e.g. what is not in the first builds)?

* CineForm Exporter
* "First Light". We'll offer more details on First Light soon, but as a teaser First Light will expose Active Metadata controls for real-time renderless color workflows into a new standalone application. By analogy, think of "Lightroom" for video/film data, or if you don't know Lightroom, think "Adjustment Layers" in Photoshop. This is a very powerful application, and will be included as part of both Neo and Prospect products. We should have a public beta by around the end of March. All Neo/Prospect v4 customers will get the update for First Light for free.
* Prospect only - CineForm RT engine.
* Prospect only - Blackmagic Decklink/Intensity support
* Other items we won't talk about for now....

So, in summary, we apologize for the delay, and wish it were all under our control. But we're working as hard on this as possible - please bear with us....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks, Mr. Taylor
Manuel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Major Player

CS4 has been sitting on a shelf for weeks without much fanfare.

Hearing what Cineform has in store has got me excited about the upgrade.... but it's certainly not due to anything in particular that Adobe is doing.

I hope those guys understand the added value you are providing their product. CS4 would not be a "need" for me were it not for the features I am hearing of from Cineform.

Take your time.... I sure this update is going to be well worth the wait.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I, too, have CS4 sitting on my shelf and I have no intention of installing it until RT acceleration is available in Prospect for CS4. While I'm eager to make the move, I'm happy to let our Cineform guys work everything out and get a rock-solid, stable SW combo.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Major Player

Ditto for us. Though some of the included CS4 progs have some update value, additional CF possibilities are why we bought a CS4 for our fourth workstation...and why it's just sitting around doing easy Dreamweaver stuff until CF can get Adobe to cooperate.

You listening Adobe? You better, because quite a few in this market are.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:44 AM   #6
New Boot

Thanks for the information Mr Taylor.

Question though: I've bought Neo HD because it promised 5D MkII compatibility in v4. Unfortunately Neo Scene has that feature already as we speak (while 5D support was listed as a difference between neo HD en Neo Scene, where Neo Scene would NOT have 5D support).

Well, that's partly my fault for being impatient (and Lord knows I've spent money on stupider stuff)
But at this moment I'm kind of worried because I don't see 5D support in the aforementioned features, will that become available as well?

Greetings,

Taroen Pasman
Taroen Pasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

NEO HD v4 is coming next -- very soon. Neo Scene had 5D support added first due to third party licensing issues that get resolved in v4 of NEO HD also. You will not be disappointed in your selection of NEO HD for 5D post production.
Old March 6th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #8
New Boot

Cost?

Any thoughts yet about the cost of upgrading from the current Prospect HD 3 to 4?
Bob Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Likely around $200 for long term users, any recent purchases get upgraded for free (last 90-days is typical.) The details have not been finalized.
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #10
New Boot

Cineform Premiere importer

Say David, do you have an idea of really when you will release the cineform premiere importer. I have a baby coming late this week and would love to try this out with the new CS4??
Adam Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

One or two bugs to fix and it will be out.
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #12
Major Player

Great News David! I can't wait to use it with CS4.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Likely around $200 for long term users, any recent purchases get upgraded for free (last 90-days is typical.) The details have not been finalized.
I sure hope those of us that upgraded from Aspect to Prospect in January are included in the free upgrade to 4 as it was listed. I realize 90 days has not passed but I am past 60 and it seems that Prospect 4 might not actually get released within my 90 day window. I realize you have run into issues with CS4 that are causing the delays, but I purchased Prospect specifically for use in CS4 and it was stated that we'd get the free upgrade. Can you clarify that for us?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #14
New Boot

CS4 Happy Baby

David, if that is true, you truely made my pregnant wife a happy woman if I get CS4 importer before the week is up!! Otherwise it was nice knowing you guys!! hahahaha... Ahhhh... Pregnant wife strangeling me..
Adam Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #15
Major Player

It was promised, so I'm pretty sure you'll get it. I ordered it myself and expect it also. They haven't since led anyone to believe otherwise.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase