neo scene & premiere pro cs4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM   #1
New Boot

neo scene & premiere pro cs4

Greetings,
I've got a trial version of premiere pro cs4 and neo scene. I'm able to convert mts files from my canon hf100 into avi and then import them into premiere. when i view the avi file in the source window of premiere they play very smooth but when i add them to the timeline they are choppy. Please advise as to why or how to change this. Thanks.
Zachary Breitenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Select "Auto" or "Draft" in the program monitor's settings. Premiere is a CPU hog at moment, and requesting the draft/auto modes helps a lot.
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM   #3
New Boot

David,
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried setting the quality to draft for the program window but the playback is still really choppy but playback in the source window is fine. any more advise.
Zachary Breitenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have requests into Adobe to explain way it is significantly slower than is should be, but that doesn't help you. On fast PCs is normally fine, yet Premiere degrades so poorly. File a ticket, and have support check out your system details to see what might be happening.
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Any news about this?

Hi

I have the exact problem as described above:

Premiere Pro CS4, Win7 64, a HP Quad AMD and the latest trial version of Neoscene.

Importing converted HDV Canon 25F video to a timeline created as "Desktop 25fps Progressive" gives red renderlines and choppy playback. Tried even as interlaced both Upper and Lower fields with the same result.

Monitoring the CPU during HDV playback shows a load of around 40-50% and smooth video, while playback of Cineform AVI with settings as above gives a CPU load of 75-90% and very choppy playback. Isn't files converted with Cineform supposed to generat less load on the system??

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Use the NeoScene form here (should be faster:) http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...-pc-betas.html Also you revived a very old thread, back in the CS4.0 / 4.1 days, CS 4.2 did fix some performance issues. My quad core is real-time under CS4 running the latest builds.
Old January 15th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #7
Major Player

OK, I will try the latest version from your links.

By the way I'm running Premiere Pro 4.2.1 so it's the latest version. I fully understand that there are a few more components in my PC that can generate problems! :-)
I will also see if there are new graphic drivers for my card as the standard generic driver for Win7 gave me problems during playback in Premiere even without Neo. Updating the drivers solved that problem but keeping the drivers updated is always a good point.

Thanks for now!

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase