QuickTime player at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1
New Boot

QuickTime player

I know there is some compatibility issues with QT player and CineForm files. I can play load and play CineForm AVI and MOV files in the QT player, but when I use QT Pro to encode a QT file from a CineForm file, the resulting MOV file has a grabbled image. Is this correct? Am I not supposed to be able to do this, or am I doing something wrong?
thanks for any info.,
Jeff
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello,

I do not have Quicktime Pro, you can convert Cineform AVI to MOV in the HDLINK conversation convert tab to re-wrap the files.

Why are you using Quicktime pro for conversion?

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #3
New Boot

I am creating web files for client preview and approval. I sometimes have to use QT Pro encoder because occasionally I have clients that use Macs in their office who can't ever seem to view the normal .WMV and .MP4 files I create using TMPEG or Adobe Media Encoder. QT Pro seems to be the only thing that will create a H.264 .MOV file that these particular clients can view. I don't know if they are using an older OS, or they are just doing something wrong. I don't use Macs, so I'm not sure why. TMPEG and AME don't really give a lot of options when exporting H.264 .MOV files. This really only an issue with H.264 .MOV files, other QT codecs work fine in TMPEG or AME.

-Jeff
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hello Jeff,

The export to h264 for Yout ube SD preset or MySpace are good for client approval as they are small and good quality. Iam on Windows and thats what I use for Client Approval, could be they are using an older version of Quicktime.

Leo
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Jeff,

I just tested a file here I exported from a Cineform into Adobe Media Encoder to a h264 MySpace preset and Iam playing it on my test Imac here with Leopard 10.5.6.

Hope that helps.
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #6
New Boot

Leo,
Yes, thanks.
-Jeff
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase