Using CS4 Premiere 4.2.1 and CineForm, bigg problems with audio please help. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 12th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Using CS4 Premiere 4.2.1 and CineForm, bigg problems with audio please help.

Hello all CineForm users

I have a simple question for anyone using CS4 with Premiere 4.2.1 and CineForm Prospect HD/4K/4K NEOScene /HD/4K/3D in Vista64 or Windows 7 64, is you’re audio playback function properly?

If it works in sync, and without delay or anticipated playback, which sound card or video/sound card do you use?

Have you done anything special with your setup to help to prevent audio problems (ASIO, WDM and so on), would be very grateful for some response.

This is my setup I use:

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Processor: Intel i7 920
Ram: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz DHX + 12GB (tested with memtest, no problems)
C drive: Intel SSD G2 160GB (flying, with trim)
Adaptec 3085 Raid Card with Seagate 320Gb x 8 in a RAID 5
Graphic card ATI / AMD 5870
AJA: XENA LHi (with latest driver from CineForm Prospect HD 4.2 and flashed from AJA with 4.2, I do not use Machina with CineForm, but I've flashed it before the installation of CineForm)
DeckLink: Intensity Pro (with software 3.5)
Sound card: RME Internal HDSPe AIO (PCIe, with latest drives and flash)

(This computer is rock solid in Steinberg Cubase 5.1.1 and will with ease handle 48 of channels in 24bit/96 KHz in as low latency of 0.7ms on one single drive).

I've now tried these sound options with no luck in CS4 Premiere 4.2.1

AJA = NO (With CineForm ASIO, WDM or just with Premiere option and Full duplex and so on).

Decklink = No (With Decklink ASIO, WDM or just with Premiere option and Full duplex and so on).

RME = No (With RME ASIO, WDM or just with Premiere option and Full duplex and so on).

I’ve tried the same cards in CS3 Premiere 3.2

AJA =NO (With CineForm ASIO, WDM or just with Premiere option and Full duplex and so on).

Decklink=Yes (In WDM mode, Premiere's own and by use Decklink playback option there).

RME=No (With RME ASIO, WDM or just with Premiere option and Full duplex and so on).

No matter which Prospect I try to use, still the same result in CS4 it won’t work.

Best Regards
Mikael Bergstrom
Sweden
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello,

I am using a HP XW8600, Dual Xeon 5450, with Nvidia Quadro fx 3700. Using the latets beta build of Prospect HD as posted on this forum.

Audio is fine and in sync, using Adobe Premeire pro cs4, with the update working with the Cineform presets 1280x720 24p.

Running under Vista 64bit, also you tried to register the components under the program files, cineform tools, register components?

Hope that helps.

Leo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ia m using the in-built audio card on the HP, I believe it's Realtek.
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanx for your reply:-)

I've tried the "register components" but with no luck at all:-(

But it makes my heart "jump" when I se people withe sucess in CS4:-)

Leo Baker is it with 4.2.1 and do you use the Premiere WDM setup, I just need to nail this down I spend like a "fortune" on this hardware (AJA; Decklink, RME and so on)

Best regards
Mikael
Sweden
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I should also tell you that I use Vista64 Ultimate with SP2 (just in case)

I'm using 1280 x 720 25p Prospect HD files (from HPX171 and HPX301 converted in HD link), this is working fine within CS3 Premier 3.2 with decklink but not with CS4 4.2.1?

Tried Cineform prospect HD 4.1 thrugh 4.2, still the same (bought AJA and RME Pro card to sole this but I guess it's not so far).

If I use other preset then Cineform inside Premiere CS4 4.2.1, like DVCPRO HD or just DV Pal and use RME or Decklink it's all fine, no problem at all. It's when I start to use Cineform with Cineform files within CS4 the trubble begins.

I'm sad, soooo sad now:-(
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Major Player

I seem to remember someone from Cineform posting about this before, but I can't find it with the search engine. I don't have an AJA card, but I do have a Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro and it does work in sync under PP 4.2 (Prospect HD, Windows 7 Ultimate x64) with Cineform. I vaguely remember that the problem stems from having two audio hardware drivers, one for your system's sound card and one for the audio associated with your capture card. Only one can be the default sound card at a time, so try both possibilities and see if one of them gives you synchronized video and audio. Click on the Windows task bar little speaker icon and change the default audio source with the "Mixer". I'm guessing that the AJA card has to be the default audio source.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Sweet Jay Bloomfield, I will try the Windows 7 Ultimate then and see if it will help me through:-)

Do you use the decklink ASIO setup or the Premiere WDM setup in your setup?

Please tell me in detail:-), I will follow you on this:-)

Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Major Player

Decklink ASIO.

EDIT: I just got a chance to look at it and it actually says "Blackmagic Audio", but there are a lot of options in Premiere that probably are very different if you are using an AJA card rather than BMD cards.

Last edited by Jay Bloomfield; January 12th, 2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: correction
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanx Jay

Okey, stay tune (3-4 hour, will do a ghost file first then then CS4 install, just to be sure).

Copy my Vist Ghost files image to another disk right now, I'm truly looking forward to a pefect sync with CS4 an Cineform:-)

Best regards
Mikael
Sweden
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Hello Mikael,

Yes, Adobe Premiere pro 4.2.1 and Premiere WDM. I am not using any capture cards anymore, before I was using the Blackmagic Eclipse but it does not support the capture/playback with CIneform support like the AJA card so I got rid of this.

I am looking into an AJA card soon, but all work seems to be on Media cards now I am getting so I don't need the capture like Component, SDI etc, or output to a monitor yet.

I hope you have luck with the new build.

Leo

Last edited by Leo Baker; January 12th, 2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Bergstrom View Post
Hello all CineForm users

I have a simple question for anyone using CS4 with Premiere 4.2.1 and CineForm Prospect HD/4K/4K NEOScene /HD/4K/3D in Vista64 or Windows 7 64, is you’re audio playback function properly?
I have an Asus P6T Deluxe (Version 1) with the same processor, 6 GB of RAM and Vista 64bit OS. The system works fine in HDV mode but has audio problems including out of sync and echo-like repeat of the audio with Cineform. The audio problem seems to be limited to playback of the timeline within PP 4.2.1 but does not affect exports. I exported MPEG video and PCM audio using Adobe Media Encoder and used it in Encore to create a Blu-Ray disc without problems.

Did you run the clips through FirstLight by any chance?

Roger
Roger Keay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #12
Regular Crew

This is just the exact problem for me:

"audio problems including out of sync and echo-like repeat of the audio with Cineform (not with other preset inside Premiere apart Cineform thought). The audio problem seems to be limited to playback of the timeline within PP 4.2.1".

For me it's not working to work in this way at all (need the sync to get my broadcast stuff in to place for my maintenance!!!!.

Hear me Cineform, Need sync with audio and picture Please:-)

Roger: no I don't use the "FirstLight" right now, need pic and audio in sync first (use Magic bullet Looks now at moment).

Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Hope you are all working with support, from there we can see what the problem is.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Regular Crew

So now I'm up with my Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate, to sad it's just the same audio/sound problems including out of sync and echo-like repeat of the audio with Cineform (not with other preset inside Premiere apart Cineform thought). The audio problem seems to be limited to playback of the timeline within PP 4.2.1".

David, I'm on hold at the support with Jake:-)

Best Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase