Cineform is sooo un-sync in CS4 in CineForm preset with CineForm files (AVI)? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform is sooo un-sync in CS4 in CineForm preset with CineForm files (AVI)?

First I like to say that I have opened a trouble ticket but just like to know if I’m alone out there with this type of problem.

I have now tested my new RME HDSPe card (a pro card) in CS4 Premiere Pro 4.2.1 (just bought it to replace my AJA card to get audio in premier before RT is done with AJA support) it’s not working with CineForm Prospect preset in CS4. I’ve tried with the RME ASIO and with the WDM driver in Premiere audio setup, still the same. “This is the only two options I have”?

I have big problems with un-sync in CS4,, the audio is completely out of sync and it also repeat itself (compare to the picture, it can drift as much as 2-3 second and back and forth random and it's getting worse the longer I play in the timeline.

This time I know it’s CineForm to blame because all other presets (the Adobe own native) are working in perfect sync (DV, DVCPROHD, EX and so on) if I use DVCAM avi files or DVCPROHD files and so on, there are no problem what so ever with the sync.

Just like to know if there is anyone out there with the same problem, with un-sync in CS4 in CineForm preset with CineForm files?

I have tried every CineForm Prospect HD Versions from v4.10 to the new one v4.2 (beta) it’s all the same won’t work in a CineForm preset in CS4 but it work fine in CS3 (even on the same computer with CS3 Premiere 3.2, I've tried).

PS: This RME soundcard work like a dream in Steinberg Cubase 5.1.1 and can easy handle more the 48 tracks in 24 bit/96KHz on very low latency (1.5ms).

Best Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #2
New Boot

Yes, I have the same problem.

I'm using a Blackmagic Decklink Studio card, CS4, Vista 64. I have also submitted a ticket and sent customer support source CFHD and project files, as well as a video showing the problem happening on the timeline, so they should be looking in to it.
For me the problem happens on both Blackmagic native timelines and CineForm native timelines, and is only a problem with Premiere playback. Other programs play the files correctly.

-Jeff
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm not pleased with the situation but I'm happy that I'm not alone in this, It will for sure strength ower case Jeff, greate report Jeff:-)

Cineform you need to have a look at this, please (It's does not happend inside premiere's own native preset's just the Cineform's. AJA, REM and Decklink will just work fine in there native preset).

Ones again Jeff thanx:-)

Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew

So now I'm up with my Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate, to sad it's just the same audio/sound problems including out of sync and echo-like repeat of the audio with Cineform (not with other preset inside Premiere apart Cineform thought). The audio problem seems to be limited to playback of the timeline within PP 4.2.1".

David, I'm on hold at the support with Jake:-)

Best Regards
Mikael
Sweden
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase