Exporting Speeds Neo Scene/Neo HD - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #31
Major Player

Also its not just Pr its also Encore. If I launch En with my Bluray burner attached En crashes the PC. No CTRL ALT DEL, stone dead crash nothing can recovery it.

I worked out if I disable the BR in device manager the program works fine and I can create a ISO BR disc then exit the program and burn it via Nero!

I can't be the only one having so many problems with CS4?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
I can't be the only one having so many problems with CS4?
You're not the only one.. I've got exactly the same Encore + BR-Burner bug.. and many many other bugs (don't get me started on Fireworks). It's really unbelievable just how bug ridden CS4 is! And that's after several updates/patches that the already released...

But I guess it will be the same this time: it will continue to be a total bug fest and before anything is really fixed they will release CS5.. yeah.. sorry, but I'm really sick of it.

My condolences go to David Newman and his crew... it's not only Adobe / Premiere where they have to deal with so many bugs and problems.. at home I'm using Sony Vegas and looked into updating to 9.0.. wow, what a instable bug ridden mess that version is!
It was shortly followed by 9.0a .. some bugs fixed, several new ones introduced (for me it was basically unusable) .. a few days/weeks later already 9.0b.. still not really stable.

Somehow - and I don't know why - it seems incredible hard (or impossible?!) to write a _stable_ and _user friendly_ editing software for PCs... *sigh*
Sorry for the rant, but I'm sooo tired of all this software failing so many times when you're on a dead line.
It seems they drag too much old stuff (old code) around from version to version...
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase