Some questions about Aspect HD - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:27 PM   #181
Major Player

Aspect V5 Slow-Mo Question

I'm a proud owner of your V4...Love this program. Wouldn't enjoy my Canon A1 without it.

I'm gonna upgrade to V5 before August. But for now, I'm wondering what the slow-mo addition is about. How's that work? There isn't much info on your website.

Would I get anything usable from 24f? Or does it take 60i HDV and turn it into 60p DV?

It sounds cool, so I wanna know more!

Thanks,
B
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM   #182
CTO, CineForm Inc.

So do I. What are you referring? Slow motion support is the same between v4 and v5.
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:13 AM   #183
Regular Crew

Aspect V5 playback problem

Having just installed V5 I am getting an error message as PP 1.5.1 starts up, it's a direct X issue, tells me it can't find libguide40.dll and I have no playback on the timeline within prem pro.

All was fine with 4.3, I uninstalled it before loading in V5
Ian Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #184
New Boot

Aspect V5 playback problem

I had the EXACT same problem. I copied the libguide40.dll (from \Program Files\Commion Files\Cineform) into the Premiere 1.5 directory (\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5) and it allowed PPro to start up without the error message.

Once in Premiere though, the playback was FUBAR (<space> and <enter>) did nothing.

I could scrub the timeline manually by dragging the Current Time Indicator but that got old real quick.

As I just suffered a month of not being able to resolve an issue with Cineform Support on my Windows x64 machine I went out and bought a new box based on XP SP2 (32-bit) to get running again.

Seeing the announcement about V5 I thought I would do a fresh install with that. You can imagine my immense frustration after a clean install of Windows and PPro 1.5.1 to be back to having unusable issues with Aspect HD with PPro.

I have uninstalled V5 and installed the latest version of V4 and I'm finally editing again!

David: Is this a known issue with a quick fix?
Frank Pitsikalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #185
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We haven't heard of this, but we will be investigating.
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #186
Major Player

I guess I thought is was some speed ramping filter, or option.

But maybe it just means that it works even when I slow my footage down?
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 02:46 AM   #187
Regular Crew

Well I followed the handy guide above to get rid of the error message, worked a treat so many thanks for that :-)

Then seeing as V5.0.1 is out I thought I'd give it a go, so I uninstalled V5, installed V5.0.1 and low and behold I have playback on the timeline now so whatever is in the new release solves the problem.

Ian
Ian Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #188
Regular Crew

Aspect HD to NEO 2K upgrade?

Hi,
I know it is not officially offering. But is there any chance to upgrade from Aspect HD to NEO 2K? We've got two Aspect HD licencies (we even upgraded from 3.x to 4.x) and I'll be happy to have a chance to swap them both for NEO 2K with some bonus. We do not need Prospect realtime funcionality, NEO 2K seems to be far enough for our post workflow. So, is there a chance?
Thanks for answer
Jaromir Pesr
i/o post
Prague
Jaromir Pesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #189
Major Player

Jaromir,

Yes we can work something out with you. Please send me a separate email at dtaylor at cineform dot com
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #190
Regular Crew

Aspect 5 Won't Install

Hi!....

When I try to install Aspect 5, it gets about 1/2 way then says CANNOT FIND PLUGIN FOLDER.

I had CS3 installed at one time but it is long gone. How can I get this to work? I have to export a file today.

Thanks

Stacy
Stacy Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #191
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes installing CS3 will break CS2 for any further upgrades. Here is the patch

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....35&postcount=2
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #192
Major Player

Questions about reinstall of Aspect HD.

Aspect HD came installed on my computer when it was delivered from the vendor.

I have a serial number, and an activation key, but I have no installation CD.

I want to download recent updates (I'm at vers. 4.1.3 build 61 now) and want to get to the latest version of 4.X.

I've downloaded the updated zip file, but have not installed it yet.

I've been told to uninstall my current version, then run the zip. My concern is if something goes wrong, or I want to return to the old version. Without an installtation CD, how would I do that?

And, is the zip file a complete install that will work with my current activation key and/or serial number? Or, is the zip simply an update/patch to my existing version? If the zip messes something up, I'll have nothing to use, and I don't want to have to pay for Aspect a second time.

Help/advice from others who've been successful with the Cineform update process is invited.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #193
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The zip contains a full install, it will use your existing activation, so as long as you don't request a deactivation (why should you?) you will be fine. You vendor should have given you a CD, but in the unlikely event you wanted build 61, we can get that for you.
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #194
Major Player

thanks, David...BTW

my vendor is 4videoequipment. Henry says he is a big fan of your products, and could get it for me, too, if I needed it.

THANKS.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #195
Major Player

Aspect Hd installed, but HDLink is missing.

Also, before the uninstall, Start/Programs had a ccneForm item. That is no longer there.

How do I get HDLink back?
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase