Black Video stopping playback in CS3 & Windows 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Black Video stopping playback in CS3 & Windows 7

Just want to know if anyone else with this setup is experiencing problems with black videos or still images when dropping them into Premiere Pro CS3 timeline under Windows 7 with a Cineform project setting. (I'm using latest build Prospect HD 4.2 b237 - same problem with same Prospect 4K rev too). Everytime I scrub and it reaches either black video, a title/text without any video, or a still image, it stops playing. I can render fine but cant scrub preview playback if there are any black videos or still images in the timeline.

I know not too long ago, there were issues with red videos with gaps and upside red/purple video in timeline which was fixed in recent builds. But this seems to be a different issue now. I've submitted ticked but I want to know if this is just my personal setup or if anyone else is seeing this as well.

Also could you guys try disabling "preview mode" by checking the box in project settings --> general --> playback settings. It seems when preview mode is disabled (to engage high quality playbacks) the red video issue is back whereever there is gap in timeline.
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

OK so I think I found a temporary fix for this. I tried something in a previous post about CS3 + Win 7 and the red video issue. I uninstalled Prospect HD 4.20 b237 and installed the last version of Prospect HD 3.49 b193. Under Prospect HD/Cineform 3, black videos and stills work in CS3 under Win7. Then I uninstalled Prospect v3 and reinstalled v4. And playback with black videos and still images still work. So something must be missing in V4 package causing this problem.

Oddly, after the above fix, if I disable preview mode in playback settings, instead of red video in blank gaps on the timeline I now will see the first frame of the next clip all the way through the empty area until it reaches the clip.
James Park is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase