DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HDLink - big crash! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/473756-hdlink-big-crash.html)

Dennis Stevens February 27th, 2010 03:48 PM

HDLink - big crash!

I've put in a ticket for this, but I'd really like to resolve this as soon as possible.

I just tried using HDLink (ProspectHD 4.1.3) to convert some .m2t files to .avi files. I select the file to convert and click start. HDLink crashes immediately. Microsoft Windows pops up a message saying 'HDLink.exe has stopped working' No further information. Tried some different .m2t files, it still crashes.

I used HDLink on my pc (running Vista 64 bit) when I had AspectHD with no problem. This is the first time I've tried to use it since upgrading to ProspectHD.

Marty Baggen February 27th, 2010 04:09 PM

Dennis... I can't recall if this is one of the possible solutions to this issue, but try running HD Link as "Administrator".

Go Red Sox!

Dennis Stevens February 27th, 2010 04:19 PM

Thanks! I tried it, same result :(

That's a good idea, having it just crash like that sort of suggests perhaps permissions? registry?

David Newman February 27th, 2010 06:53 PM

Support will tell you start will the current software -- either 4.2.0 from the website or the 4.2.1 beta you can download from this forum.

Dennis Stevens March 1st, 2010 05:51 PM

Success. The tech support person who answered my ticket asked me to do that. I installed the 4.2.0 and HDLink works fine now.

Thanks much. Terrific product, I've been using it for years.

Dennis Stevens March 1st, 2010 06:21 PM

Or maybe not. Opening any of Cineform-based project in Adobe PPro CS3, I find something weird happening. I start to play any timeline, it suddenly shoots to the end of the footage. Old projects that worked fine are now effected. Essentially I can't Cineform and Adobe PPro at all.

Worse off than before.

Dennis Stevens March 1st, 2010 07:03 PM

support ticket 611-8307344

Dennis Stevens March 1st, 2010 07:21 PM

If I create non-cineform rpoject, and bring cineform avi files into it, they seem to play OK. I guess that might be a workaround, but this is massively inconvenient.

David Newman March 1st, 2010 09:02 PM

I think this is a know installation failure. Support will help you.

Adam Gold March 1st, 2010 11:48 PM

Might be a corrupt frame or project. Happens all the time. Create a new project and import the old one into it. This often works.

Nicholas de Kock March 2nd, 2010 06:50 AM

I tried the NeoScene 1.5 & NeoHD 4.2.0 trail now and HDLink keeps crashing over and over when I try to convert m2t files! I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

UPDATE: I installed the beta and now it works. Ironic how the beta is more stable than the stable release.

David Newman March 2nd, 2010 10:06 AM

Like just an install issue, that the beta resolved, as the current release works (although the beta is better -- normally are with our betas as we add more features and quality constantly.)

Dennis Stevens March 2nd, 2010 06:15 PM

I tried a few things on the advice of tech support, problem not resolved. I haven't yet been offered the beta release.

I also tried creating new projects, that made no difference.

David Newman March 2nd, 2010 06:38 PM

beta is offered for everyone in this very forum. Look for a thread with "beta" in the title

Dennis Stevens March 2nd, 2010 08:28 PM

The newest one I could find is ProspectHD-4.2.1.238-Setup.exe which is what I already have.