Muxing M2TS files in Re-Master/Neo 3D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Muxing M2TS files in Re-Master/Neo 3D

I'm not having any success getting Re-Master to even recognize the m2ts files in the Open dialog - they are greyed out. Having read a few older posts it seems like Re-Master has this capability, however it seems to be not working on my Mac computer.

I have successfully extracted Sony MVC files into separate L/R files with the M2TS extension and want to mux them but haven't yet seen a way to do this in Re-Master if it doesn't recognize the native files.

Suggestions?
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: Muxing M2TS files in Re-Master/Neo 3D

I think you can use ClipWrap to rewrap your m2ts file into mov file first。Then Remaster should handle it。
But you can check this http://techblog.cineform.com/?p=3426.It can handle MTS,I do not konw about M2TS.

Last edited by Ivan Liao; October 18th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Ivan Liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Ivan, in the AVCHD wrapper it's my understanding that there is no difference between MTS and M2TS data streams except the name. I've tried to rename the M2TS files to MTS so as to try and mux them as if they were generated by a Panasonic 3DA1 but consistently get a ReMaster error message about not recognizing the file structure. As for the M2TS files, ReMaster shows them as greyed out files so won't access them.

Frankly it's very disappointing that Cineform hasn't addressed this yet, the MVC format isn't going away any time soon and many people in the future will be looking for a simple way to process these 3D files in Neo3D software.

Thanks for your suggestions, still looking for solutions though.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Really? No one has an answer for this??? Pretty unbelievable.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase