Problems exporting m2t file in PP2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems exporting m2t file in PP2.0

I've tried exporting 3 different files (one 3 minute, the other two 5 minutes) to m2t and only had success with one of them (the 3 minute file). The other two attempts repeatedly crash with errors such as: "cannot allocate video color buffer" or "unknown error in getting video" or "could not create M2T file". The latter two errors happen immediately, the first after compiling for 30 minutes or so. Which error I'll get when is unpredictable. I have 50 GB free on my Raid-0 scratch drive and I'm outputing to a drive with 160 GB free.

I'm using export Cineform M2T, Cineform MT 1080i 23.976p/60i, framerate 23.976, HD anamorphi 1080 (1.333), upper field first. This is on video from a Sony HC1 camera... all other editing has gone fine, I'm just stuck at this final stage of trying to get the material back to the camera.

Any help would be appreciated.
Patricia Lamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There was a patch M2T export include with Aspect HD 4,03. So make sure you are running that. If you are running the latest Aspect HD then definitely file a trouble ticket.
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh, I just noticed that there are two 1080i export options. I selected the second one because it said 60i, but now it's sinking in that this means a 23.976 framerate. So I gather I want to use 1080i but with 29.97 fps, right? I'm trying it now but there are hours of encoding left to finish..

Last edited by Patricia Lamm; May 10th, 2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old May 11th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes only want Cineform MT 1080i 23.976p/60i if you had a 24p timeline. That might be the issue.
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Sponsor: CineForm

There is a new patch that addresses m2t export issues. It can be downloaded here:

www.cineform.com/downloads/HDV2MPEG2patch.zip

Extract the 'HDV2MPEG2.dll' file into the 'Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins\en_us\CineForm' folder (or Premiere Pro 1.5\\Plug-ins\en_us\CineForm).

Now try exporting the m2t. You should have better results!

Jake Segraves
CineForm Support
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #6
Wrangler

Hi Jake,
Can you clarify...I don't see any new text or new public links for a new build or patch for Aspect HD on the Cineform site. Are you referring to the 4.03 Build 55 release from 1 May, or is this a brand new and otherwise undocumented patch? Thanks.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Pete,

The fix we did for M2T exports with 4.03 didn't work for everyone, now we have discovered why. This is a new patch that we finalized today.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #8
Wrangler

Excellent, guys. Thanks! I'll be capturing and working with a really large mixed HDV 1080i60 and miniDV project over the next few weeks and it is reassuring to see patches for issues/problems flowing as quickly as they are.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #9
Regular Crew

And I'm happy to report the new patch works too! I've gone from 1 success in 6 tries, to 2 successes in 2 tries. Nice job...
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Good to hear. Sorry the first "fix" didn't work, but now it seems we have correctly solved the issue. Thank you for your patiences.
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #11
Major Player

Does it still require PPro 1.5 be installed to work with PPro 2, or has the licensing issue been resolved?

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #12
Major Player

It still requires PP1.5.1 for now. But I think we're on a path to resolution in the not-too-distant future. Sorry about that lingering nuisance....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM   #13
Trustee

GUys I can't seem to get any codec or compression to work with EXPORT for our 2.5 hour movie that is 720p24, it jsut can't do the job, premiere crashes or gives an error of no frame sent when requested I have been having this trouble for a long time. Can someone let me know if we have a fix for this in our near future? I have a support ticket open and it's been a while with no answers. I did start with premiere pro 1.5.1 and then moved to 2.0, some in support are saying that is causing trouble....thanks for any help. We need a DVD and can't get it out, or any files that work without crashing..
Sometimes I can get 20-30 min out at a time in chunks using the EXPORT MOVIE command and not the ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER....
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:01 PM   #14
CTO, CineForm Inc.

An Adobe rep. reported to us the 1.5.1 to 2.0 project upgrades are no always without issue -- and in your case that seem so. Here what I suggest trying: Nest you project into a new sequence with a CineForm Force Render filter in the nested clip, then set the workspace for the first 10-minutes try export that to CineForm or Uncompressed. If that works correctly export the next 10minute until the film is out. You might not need the 10minute thing, as the nested force render my shake things up enough, yet the divide concur is a backup plan. If you are have low memory issue, create projects that are on 10-20 minutes long can also help. E.g. Although Dust to Glory was done in Premiere 1.0/1.5 it was assembled in 20minute reels.
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:15 AM   #15
Major Player

well i'm way behind all of you.. i cant even see the option to export m2t file in premiere pro 2.0? Could someone tell me exactly where it is? Also am I right in choosing the HDV 50i timeline as opposed to 60i for footage shot using HDV standard settings on a PAL Sony FX1?

Many thanks
David J. Payne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase