Scene splitting? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 4th, 2007, 03:05 AM   #31
Regular Crew

"downgraded" to connect HD 3.4.2 build 38 and things are working fine again.
Ali Husain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:12 AM   #32
Regular Crew

You shouldn't have to wait long. My experience is they are one company who listens to the customer and fixes what is wrong. I recently picked up the Adobe Production bundle and Aspect. What Aspect does is like magic. Cineform rewrote the engine of Premiere to fit their codec and it DOES run real time - several layers and effects. After running 1440 X 1080 on low resolution to see it run at all and sometimes still not know if you are in sync (both in Premiere and another NLE), this is a huge step forward.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #33
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Ali,

The capture engine should be the same between build 38 Neo HDV. Please try again.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Waters View Post
You shouldn't have to wait long. My experience is they are one company who listens to the customer and fixes what is wrong. I recently picked up the Adobe Production bundle and Aspect. What Aspect does is like magic. Cineform rewrote the engine of Premiere to fit their codec and it DOES run real time - several layers and effects. After running 1440 X 1080 on low resolution to see it run at all and sometimes still not know if you are in sync (both in Premiere and another NLE), this is a huge step forward.

the first thing i'd want if i was a cineform software engineer and a customer had a problem like mine would be to have the actual source for the conversion. the recurring problem though i'm sure is that it's not easy to send very large (>1GB) files other than through postal mail right now. i can't imagine how much useful debugging you could do based on probably not-complete technical descriptions of the problem from customers.

i'd lobby cineform to produce optional much more verbose debugging output, maybe a skeletal codec stream symbol dissasembly--would also by useful by itself!--and parse and wavelet engine state information... that part could be obfuscated or encrypted and compressed to protect intellectual property.

whenever i had a problem, if i could invoke the "debug" version of the cineform code instead, then send a codec symbol binary and a cineform debug stream binary to cineform that would make both customers and software engineers happier. it also maybe wouldn't matter at all that i can't cut and paste the log output. :)

anyway just a suggestion! the codec is so good that obviously i'm willing to put up with my local bugs (all my problems could certainly be from my setup).
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Ali,

The capture engine should be the same between build 38 Neo HDV. Please try again.
with definite respect to your technical ability, it's not possible to *really* be sure they end up operating the same with different code wrapped around them, right? so something between the way i installed neo or in the code around it and the way it's interacting with my setup is causing me some problems that the cineform QA group hasn't seen yet. i wish i had more information to give you all. i'd love to be able to say "this is the screwy thing about my setup, and here is a script and some source files to include in your regression suites from now on." what is your suggestion? the first thing i should do is send the actual source that is a problem.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #36
Trustee

Ali, I did have an issue with conflicting updates (using Prospect). I had to manually remove the drivers, files, and regs from a previously bad install. Something to check for while you wait...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase