Help, w/CineForm Aspect HD & HDLink at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 14th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Help, w/CineForm Aspect HD & HDLink

I have a large P2 clip (an MXF file @ 3.4 GB and shot in DVCPRO50) I'm trying to convert via HD Link. After a couple seconds of conversion, I end up w/an AVI at 89.1 MB and the HDLink Capture Log shows this msg:
Got EC_ERRORABORT notification 0x80040228

The audio seems fine, but the video stops way short of the entire clip.

Does this mean my clip is completely hosed? Is there a way around this, or some way to "repair" my clip?

All input aprreciated.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Do other clips on your system work? Will the P2 Viewer (or MediaPlayer) play the entire clip?
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Major Player

David, Thanks for jumping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Do other clips on your system work?
Yes.

Quote:
Will the P2 Viewer (or MediaPlayer) play the entire clip?
Media Player starts by playing audio and video, but video freezes after 2 secs, while audio continues playing.

Haven't tried P2Player. These clips were offloaded from P2 to a Firewire drive. Many others have worked just fine, though, as MXF files, they were smaller. After offloading, the clips were deleted and new footage shot without re-formatting the P2 cards. Could that have caused this problem?

Is there maybe some update I need? I'm running PPro 2.0 with HDLink Capture Application version 1.5.

My Aspect HD is 4.1.3 Build 61.

PS: I don't specifically recall, but this clip may have "ended" because my 2 P2 cards @ 4 GB each were full rather than from me pressing the "Record: button to "Stop".
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.

Last edited by Denis Danatzko; May 14th, 2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: PS
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If MediaPlayer can't play it we can't convert it, we use the same DirectShow engine. Seems like a corrupt clip.
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Please explain more.

Quote:
If MediaPlayer can't play it we can't convert it, we use the same DirectShow engine. Seems like a corrupt clip.
I fear I'm misunderstanding you when you write that "If MediaPlayer can't play it..."
by "it", do you mean the AVI file or the MXF file? I've never been able to play an MXF file in Media Player. Am I supposed to be able to do that? I'm using Version 9.
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes you should be able to play an MXF in MediaPlayer, although MediaPlayer complain. Select an the MXF and selecte "Open Width...", then Select Window Media Player from the list. Then say Yes to try playing it -- it will play fine but without audio.
Attached Thumbnails
Help, w/CineForm Aspect HD & HDLink-mediaplayermxf.png  
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #7
Major Player

David, Does the fact that Media Player plays the entire video

mean there's still hope for salvaging my clip?

I did what you suggested, and the clip plays in its' entirety using Media Player, but without the audio. (Thanks for that tip).

I then tried HDLink again, and got more footage converted, but still not all of it. And the same error msg appeared in the log.

Is there something else I should try?
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Try renaming the AUDIO folder to notAUDIO, to see whether the video alone will convert.
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #9
Major Player

David, that got me the video track as an AVI.

Quote:
Try renaming the AUDIO folder to notAUDIO, to see whether the video alone will convert.
Can you offer some expanation about what is, or might be, going on here? Is it because of the size of the file?

Curiously, I looked in the AUDIO folder before renaming it, and found 4 audio clips with the same name as the video clip, e.g. 0068ZT, and 0068ZT1 thru 3.
While I know I tried repeatedly to convert using HDLink, clicking different options, such as both checking and unchecking the "Open as read only" box, the "Overwrite exisitng files" box, and the "Split Scenes" box, it seems the "Overwrite exisitng files" option may not work with audio? Is there any history of that with HDLink?.

Is it possible my computer is contributing to this? I'm running Windows XP Pro w/SP2 on 2 Dual Core AMD Opteron 275 processors with nVidia Quadro FX 1500 display card and Rocketraid 222x SATA controller for RAID.

Would additional info help solve this mystery?

THANKS for your help.
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I didn't know what it was, hopely it won;t happen again. If so we will need all the CONTENTS directory for the effected clip.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase